Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14539 Discussions

Intel Tuning Utility (XTU) for QX9300 Extreme Mobile Procesor?

idata
Employee

Hi Everyone,

I recently bought a HP Notebook with the Intel QX9300 processor. I was told that the processor supports the Intel Tuning Utlity (XTU) which will allow for overlocking of this processor. I also read on google that XTU is part of the Intel Desktop Control Center, but that wont work on Notebooks, its for desktops only. My question is, is there an XTU Utlity available for Notebooks?

3 Replies
John_S_Intel
Employee

There is a version of the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU) for laptops. Mobile extreme edition processors, like the one in your system, have the capability to support the Intel® XTU.

However, it is ultimately up to the OEM to provide the BIOS support necessary to use Intel XTU on their system (laptop/notebook). In this case, HP chose to use an extreme edition mobile processor, but not to support the use of Intel XTU on their platform.

John S.

Intel Customer Support

*Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.

idata
Employee

HI John,

Thank you very much for the reply. I understand what you are saying. Even if HP didn't provide BIOS support for the XTU, will the software application still work? Is their anyway that I can get a copy of the software?

John_S_Intel
Employee

The application will not work without the proper BIOS support. The software is only distributed by OEMs that offer systems with the proper BIOS support for XTU for mobile processors. Support for this application flows through those OEMs.

Regards,

John S.

0 Kudos