1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 16, 2014 8:35 AM by kevin_intel

XEON E5 1607 versus I7 4770

CatWoman

Hi,

I am looking at 2 different Dell PC´s with the above processors. I need it for general office use and - primarily - Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc).

Comparing them they have a lot in common, but I am not sure what the Graphics Specifications would actually mean? (Included in i7, but not in XEON).

Thanks for a prompt answer

CatWoman

• 1. Re: XEON E5 1607 versus I7 4770

Hi CatWoman,

Let me help you with this.

It is important to mention first that the Intel® Core i7-4770 is a processor intended for desktop solutions and the Xeon processor is for server solutions but both can be used in desktop systems. From there we can say there are some differences that can affect performance or function depending on the customer needs.

Here you have the comparison chart:

http://ark.intel.com/compare/75122,64620

The graphics specifications means that the Intel® Core i7 processor has an onboard graphics controller which means that your do not need to include a dedicated video card to work. You can easily do the tasks mentioned before with the Intel® Core i7. On the other hand, the Xeon processor does not come with this graphics controller so you may need to include a video card.

Intel® Core i7 processors are very good option due to performance and design of the product to complete and do heavy task and handle heavy workload.