Hello AC, I do understand the inconvenience you have faced and I will be more than glad assisting you.
It is important to know if the laptop and the computer are able to connect to the router independently. Do you have internet connection? How’s the performance? How is the transfer speed?
Which is the model number of the wireless adapter you are using on the computer you built?
Thank you for taking the time to help me.
1) On both the built computer and the Lenovo Thinkpad, the wireless adapter is the Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260.
2) Interestingly enough, on the built computer, I cannot see any wireless networks. I am at a college campus, and I can see all of the networks using the Lenovo, but for some reason, I cannot see it with the computer I built. That seems really strange. I've tinkered with the adapter settings so that it should be able to see any available 802.11a/b/g networks, but unfortunately I cannot see any.
Let me know what other information you need.
AC, first of all it is important to find out why the built computer is not working properly. This could be an installation problem or a defective adapter.
- Would you please let me know which is the model number of the motherboard you are using?
- The AC7260 is a laptop adapter or a desktop adapter?
- Also, make sure you are running the latest BIOS, firmware and drivers.
Could you please check on device manager if the driver appears to be install?
Please check this URL for additional information.