3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 29, 2010 9:52 AM by meisterstokes

DQ45CB serial port header - proper DB9 adapter?

retread

I understand my board uses the Intel 1to1 pinout, (AT/Everex/NewIntel scheme).  I want to use the serial port for an external telecommunications device.  The enclosed fold-out shows me the header pinout so I assume I should use a straight through DB9.

edit:  Sorry, I got some things mixed up, so I completely rewrote this question.  I understand the DTK/IBM/OldIntel has been replaced with the Everex scheme which is straight through and that the New Intel  boards now use this scheme... am I correct?  If so, I guess I answer my own question by using the AT/Everex/NewIntel scheme and get an adapter with a straight through DB9 pinout that will connect to the motherboard header in a 1 to 1 relationship.  My original question was about what is the most commonly used serial port configurations, but resolved that with a study of the EIA RS232 standard.  The proof will be in the pudding... when I plug it in it will either work or it won't!

It is too bad Intel doesn't address this in the mobo instructions.  Just to leave a bare header for the user to figure out is not very helpful.

Message was edited by: retread