2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 6, 2014 1:02 PM by scarlson10

Issues with D54250WYKH and a Intel 335 240gb ssd

scarlson10

Issues with D54250WYKH and a Intel 335 240gb ssd.  I installed windows 7 64bit from usb without an issue.  Then I flashed the Bios, installed the chipset, network, video, audio, usb3 drivers and the SSD toolkit.  I then installed all the normal windows 7 updates and after I restart the NUC after the updates I start getting errors.

NUC did not boot.  “Windows could not start windows will attempt to repair”. Failed, but a normal boot worked.

Event ID 11 the driver detected a controller error on Device\Ide\IDEport0

I replaced the 335 ssd with a standard hard drive and I don’t get the same issues.

Any Ideas??

• 1. Re: Issues with D54250WYKH and a Intel 335 240gb ssd
          sylvia_intel

Scarlson10, I would recommend you to install your system from scratch. At this point we don’t know if a driver caused the issue or if it was caused by BIOS updated or a Windows updated.

So please try doing a low level format on the SSD. Then install the operating system.

Once the OS is installed, please download and install the following drivers in this order. Please make sure you restart the system after the installation of drivers #1, 2 and 5.

1.     Chipset driver (restart the system ) Download Center    

2.     Graphics driver (restart the system)  Download Center    

3.     Audio driver    Download Center    

4.     LAN driver   Download Center    

5.     Management Engine (restart the system) Download Center    

6.     USB 3.0 Download Center    

Let me know the results

• 2. Re: Issues with D54250WYKH and a Intel 335 240gb ssd
            scarlson10

Thanks for the response.  I just got this from Intel tech support

Thank you for contacting Intel Customer Support.

As strange as it might sound, coming from the manufacturer of the two products you are having the issue with, The D54250WYKH and the SSD 335 seem to be not compatible with each other completely. Although our compatibility list are by no means extensive, it lists the compatible pieces of hardware already tested, for reference.