1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 5, 2014 10:35 AM by JPMontero_Intel

What packages to add to yocto build recipe to have access to GPIO pins and UART1 from linux.

aditya_intel

Hi,

I am trying to use the UART 1 (ttyS0) from linux. UART 1 uses the 0 and 1 arduino pins. In sergey's blog (Intel Galileo - Configuring the Serial Port in Linux - Malinov Family Web Presence) he says we have to run a couple of commands to set the multiplexer to map the arduino pins 1 and 0 to be set as uart's RX and TX. To run these commands certain packages should be present in our linux image. Please let me know what packages I need to add to my build so as to access the GPIO's and set them to setup the uart. Also what Image sergey was using in his example.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: What packages to add to yocto build recipe to have access to GPIO pins and UART1 from linux.
          JPMontero_Intel

Hi

What image are you using? If you use the one from the SPI (with out SD card) you can just run the commands as well as the image for the SD that you can download from here https://communities.intel.com/docs/DOC-22226. You can find this into your Linux image in the /sys/class/gpio also you can test it works for you by turning the LED on and off with the commands:

echo –n 3 > /sys/class/gpio/export
          echo –n 1 > /sys/class/gpio/gpio3/value
          echo –n 0 > /sys/class/gpio/gpio3/value

If that works you can follow sergey’s blog and you shouldn’t have any problems, the possible errors you might get are when it says invalid argument is when you type a non-valid value, if you get a device or resource busy is because the port has already been exported. I hope this helps you.

Regards
          JPMontero_Intel