6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 5, 2014 12:23 PM by sylvia_intel

What are the differences between Intel HD 4600 graphics driver and Microsoft's standard display driver?

m@V8

I am using Microsoft Windows 7 and 8.1, 64-bit. Both these OSes have been updated to the latest service packs and updates.

My monitor is Dell U2312HM, Full HD, 1920x1080p. Dell provides a driver for its monitor as well.

My CPU is Intel i5-4570, Haswell with integrated Intel HD 4600 graphics chip.

As I understand it, Microsoft Windows 8.1 includes a standard display driver.

Could someone tell me what the differences are between Intel HD 4600 graphics driver and Microsoft's standard display driver?

The reason I am asking is my OSes are installed on an Intel 530 series 240GB SSD and the software called "Intel SSD Toolbox v3.2.1.exe" is in conflict with the latest Intel HD 4600 graphics driver. (For more details, please refer to the bug report that I had filed: Bug in Intel Solid State Drive Toolbox v3.2.1.exe )

There is no conflict between "Intel SSD Toolbox v3.2.1.exe" and Microsoft's standard display driver.

I appreciate your help in this.