3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 3, 2014 5:03 PM by Intel_Jesus

Setting up Galileo BSP Build

Asolsi

I've had trouble with building the EDKII firmware and the Grub OS loader. I've been following the user guide, but have been having issues. For building the EDKII firmware, after running ./svn_setup.py it says:

Running: svn commit --depth empty --message Add svn:externals .

svn: warning: The depth of this commit is 'empty', but copied directories will regardless be committed with depth 'infinity'. You must remove unwanted children of those directories in a separate commit.

Committed revision 1.

When running ./gitsetup.py for building the Grub OS loader, it doesn't completely load everything into the work directory and the next steps fail as well.

Does anybody know of how to fix these errors and possibly a better method to go about building this package?

• 1. Re: Setting up Galileo BSP Build
          Intel_Jesus

Hi Asolsi,

I build the EDKII firmware without any problems in Debian GNU/Linux 7.5 (wheezy).

What is the error message for ./gitsetup.py? Also what Linux version are you using?

Update

INFO: Running: svn commit --depth empty --message Add svn:externals .

svn: warning: The depth of this commit is 'empty', but copied directories will regardless be committed with depth 'infinity'. You must remove unwanted children of those directories in a separate commit.

Committed revision 1.

This is just a warning, you can ignore and continue.

Regards,

Intel_Jesus

• 2. Re: Setting up Galileo BSP Build
            Asolsi

I'm using Ubuntu 12.04. Should I switch?

There was no error message, but the work directory was empty.

• 3. Re: Setting up Galileo BSP Build
              Intel_Jesus

Hi Asolsi,

I would recommend staying with Ubuntu 12.04 for now. What directory is empty?

The grub.efi file should be in work/efi/

Regards,

Intel_Jesus