Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14405 Discussions

Which Celeron Processor after 341 supports Windows 8.1 (PrefetchW)

SBaum4
Beginner

Hallo,

which Celeron Processor after 341 supports Windows 8.1 (PrefetchW).

I can't install Windows 8.1 because the http://ark.intel.com/products/27122/Intel-Celeron-D-Processor-341-256K-Cache-2_93-GHz-533-MHz-FSB Intel® Celeron® D Processor 341 (256K Cache, 2.93 GHz, 533 MHz FSB) don't support PrefetchW, so I need to know which Processor I can use in the same socket.

Where can I see in the Specifications if the processor supports Windows 8.1 or PrefetchW?

Thanks for help

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello Baumi,

Thanks for sharing this question in the community. I will do my best to help you with this.

At this point I know that all Xeon processors support PrefetchW but I am in doubt with the Celeron you mentioned. I am going to check and I will be back with more information.

Kevin M

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Sorry for the delay. I am still checking this information to provide accurate data. I will be back Soon.

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Sorry for the delay on coming back to you.

Based on our research I can confirm that all Celeron processors currently listed on ARK page support PrefetchW. However; The E1200, E1400, E1500 and E1600 are the correct socket, but it will be necessary to check with your system manufacturer to verify if the motherboard support these processors.

Kevin M

0 Kudos