7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 28, 2014 4:21 PM by sylvia_intel

DN2820FYKH infrared receiver Power on

privatscheiss

it is possible to make a self defined RC6 signal to power on the NUC over the infrared receiver?

My NUC powerd on off all my remote controlls "Power Button"!

Windows 8.1 64bit

Bios  Version: 0034

best regards

privatscheiss

• 1. Re: DN2820FYKH infrared receiver Power on
          sylvia_intel

Hello Privatscheiss, thanks for contacting us through the Intel Communities.

Would you please provide me a better description of what you need or about your issue?

We set up this lab a few days ago  and we tested the remote control on the D54250WYK NUC running Windows 8.1.

We were able to turn off and on the NUC using the remote control.

Manually I have had to access my music, but using the remote control I was able to use “play button”, “stop” ,  “pause”, etc.

• 2. Re: Re: DN2820FYKH infrared receiver Power on
            privatscheiss

Hello Sylvia,

my set-up:
            DN2820FYKH

Windows 8.1

XBMC Mediacenter

Eventghost with the Plugin Microsoft MCE remote

everything also works very well, XBMC operation and NUC turn off remote this.

My problem:

My TV (Philips) with the remote control switches on if the NUC also starts me.

all other remote  control does not start the NUC (tried this one Panasonic, Nec, Dune, Speedlink, Reel, Samsung).

However, this behaviour is that way only with Philips remote controls.

Can I deactivate this power on function?

My wish:
            The IR signal learns with that one of the NUC Power on.
            Perhaps as similar as with lirc.

best regards

privatscheiss

• 3. Re: DN2820FYKH infrared receiver Power on
              sylvia_intel

Privatsheiss, thanks for replying with the information I requested.

This seems to be a compatibility issue between the NUC and the remote control. However make sure you have the latest Consumer Infrared Driver installed.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23642&ProdId=3782&lang=eng

Check which BIOS version do you have, you may need to update it.

• 4. Re: DN2820FYKH infrared receiver Power on
                fanformusik

Same problem here. I am using my NUC DN2820FYKH as PVR + Media Center in combination with a Philips flatscreen TV (it acts as the NUC's monitor). Every time I press "Power on/off" on the Philips IR remote, this will power up the NUC as well, regardless of the state it was in before. I have two Philips TVs with different IR remotes, but both can power up the NUC, so I think the Philips' on/off code is used by the NUC too.

I find this annoying because usually the last unit to be turned off is the TV (NUC's monitor!). And by doing that the NUC ist powered up again.

This might even ruin a preprogrammed timer recording, since the nuc doesn't go to sleep or is powered up accidentially by turning on the TV.

One simple solution would be to disable "wakeup by IR" in the NUC's BIOS but I didn't find anything there (Vers. 0038).

Is there any other solution or workaround?

Any plans to integrate the proposed function into a later BIOS?

• 5. Re: DN2820FYKH infrared receiver Power on
                  sylvia_intel

It looks like the CIR on the NUC is working as expected, but it is using the same frequency on both devices.

I would recommend you to contact the TV manufacture in order to check if it is possible to get a different frequency for the TV.

You can also remove the CIR drivers, but you would not be able to take advantage of this feature anymore.

• 6. Re: DN2820FYKH infrared receiver Power on
                    fanformusik

Hello sylvia_intel,

thank you for the answer!

It looks like the CIR on the NUC is working as expected

Well, I expected a different behaviour: No interference with other remote controls.

contact the TV manufacture...to get a different frequency for the TV.

Sylvia, can you explain your proposal in more detail? I doubt that this is possible.

You can also remove the CIR drivers

My issue is at cold boot, where no OS is loaded. Removing drivers will not improve anything.

The only solution I see is to add a function into the NUC's BIOS: "Disable/Enable Wakeup by IRC". Would it be possible to bring this up to the BIOS-Team and report their answer here?

• 7. Re: DN2820FYKH infrared receiver Power on
                      sylvia_intel

Those were only suggestions.

I already shared this information to the corresponding department. I cannot assure you that  this function will be added to BIOS, but we can give it a try.