4 Replies Latest reply on May 30, 2014 8:18 PM by gowrisomanath

SPI.h compilation error with May 23/14 update

gowrisomanath

Hi

I updated the IDE, firmware and SD image from May 23rd (Re: New release of Galileo software)

I am using Mac OS 10.9.3.

With the new update I get the following compilation error for the attached sketch. I stripped it down to the basics.

I get the following errors when trying to compile in the IDE. I tried to compile multiple times.

The Time library is from http://playground.arduino.cc/Code/Time

The way around I have found is to have a sketch which has only SPI include, it compiles fine. Then I come back to this one and compile, it works!

But everytime I restart the IDE, I have to do this.

I found a work around but I'm not sure why this happens and what other side effects the new revision has.

thanks

---- errors in IDE

In file included from /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/tools/x86/i586-poky-linux-uclibc/usr/include/sys/stat.h:106:0,

from /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/arduino/x86/libraries/SPI/SPI.cpp:13:

/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/tools/x86/i586-poky-linux-uclibc/usr/include/bits/stat.h:71:21: error: field 'st_atim' has incomplete type

/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/tools/x86/i586-poky-linux-uclibc/usr/include/bits/stat.h:72:21: error: field 'st_mtim' has incomplete type

/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/tools/x86/i586-poky-linux-uclibc/usr/include/bits/stat.h:73:21: error: field 'st_ctim' has incomplete type

/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/tools/x86/i586-poky-linux-uclibc/usr/include/bits/stat.h:117:21: error: field 'st_atim' has incomplete type

/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/tools/x86/i586-poky-linux-uclibc/usr/include/bits/stat.h:118:21: error: field 'st_mtim' has incomplete type

/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/tools/x86/i586-poky-linux-uclibc/usr/include/bits/stat.h:119:21: error: field 'st_ctim' has incomplete type

----