3 Replies Latest reply on May 28, 2014 8:59 AM by sylvia_intel

Bluetooth speaker?

FloridaMike

Due to the crackling noise through the Audio out connector I intend to purchase a Bluetooth speaker (Sony SRS-X7) to listen to music from the NUC.

Will the Bluetooth driver support this or do I have to expect trouble?

Thank you.

Mike

• 1. Re: Bluetooth speaker?
          sylvia_intel

Hello Mike, thanks for contacting us through the Intel Communities.

Would you please let me know which the model number of your NUC is?

I would recommend you the following if you decide to install the Bluetooth driver.

• Check if you have installed the latest wireless driver version.
          • If it is not the latest version, please uninstall the current driver complete. Then, install the latest one.
          • Once you have installed it, you could install the Bluetooth.
          • If is necessary to install the Bluetooth driver after the installation of the wireless.

Regards,

• 2. Re: Bluetooth speaker?
            FloridaMike

Hi Sylvia, thank you for your response.

My NUC is a D54250WYKH with W7, 64-bit.

I downloaded "Wireless_17.0.2_Ds64.exe" and "Wireless_17.0.2_s64.exe" from the downloadcenter and installed both. I don't recall in which order I did the installation.

If I look at the properties of the Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network) #2 under the Driver Tab, I find a driver date of 6/21/2006 and a version 6.1.7600.16385 provided by Microsoft. The other Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM Protocol TDI) #2 lists the same for the driver. IS THIS CORRECT?

If I look at the properties of the Intel Dual Bank Wireless-AC 7260 under Network Adapters in Device Manager, I see a driver date of 4/16/2014 and a version 17.0.2.5 which seems to be the newest one. Correct?

Could you please advise what I should do now?

thank you.

Mike

• 3. Re: Bluetooth speaker?
              sylvia_intel

Mike, once you have the wireless driver installed, please download the Bluetooth driver from this link and install it

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wtech/proset-ws/sb/CS-034060.htm