Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4872 Discussions

Help please! No Intel PRO network adapters are present in this computer

MMann7
Beginner

Hello! I've lost connectivity to my Dell Inspiron 530 after a move from Tucson to Austin. While I realize I could have a hardware issue I'm trying to update the network adapter driver and see if that helps. I have verified that my ethernet cable, router & modem are all in working order. When I try to install Dell's latest driver (R154739) I get a message the message posted - "No Intel PRO network adapters are present in this computer". In Device Manager, I see "Intel 82562V-2 10/100 Network Connections is enabled. I checked the BIOS and it is enabled. Last year I upgraded this desktop from the original OS Windows Vista (32 bit) to Windows 7 (32 bit). Before moving to Austin, I had no problems with connectivity. At this point, if anyone has any good ideas on how to further debug this problem they'd be much appreciated. I am really looking for where I could get the latest Windows 7 driver for this network adapter. Dell's website does not have a Windows 7 driver for this adapter given that it is part of an Inspiron 530. HELP! Thanks!

0 Kudos
0 Replies