This is my first time configuring Out of Band management and I need some assistant. I've spent hours searching forums, but something is still not clicking. I can't not access the web console on port 16993 which ConfigMgr\SCCM is requiring. I'm under the impression if HTTP works, then HTTPS should just work as well. Here are the most recent steps I have been trying.
HP Folio 9470m with an Intel i7 vPro CPU running Windows 8.1 x64
Computer is domain joined
Latest Intel ME firmware 22.214.171.1240 from hp.com has been installed
All drivers installed, including the two chipset drivers on hp.com
Intel Management Engine Components Driver 126.96.36.1990
Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver 188.8.131.520
I've also try the Intel ME: Management Engine driver 184.108.40.2060 on intel.com
Wireless network adapter is disabled in Windows
No hardware firewalls and Windows firewall is disabled everywhere
Windows Server Datacenter 2012 R2 running ConfigMgr 2012 R2
ConfigMgr is functioning in HTTPS only mode
Clients are communicating with servers and have no certificate issues
Windows Server Datacenter 2012 R2 running Active Directory Services and DHCP
DHCP option 6 & 15 are set
DNS dynamic updates are allowed
Windows Server Datacenter 2012 R2 running Certificate Services
CRL is functioning
Configuration Steps performed on the client computer
- Remove and replace the CMOS battery to clear ME configuration
- Enter the Intel MEBx default password (“admin”).
- Change the default password to a new value.
- Select Intel(R) AMT Configuration.
- Select Manageability Feature Selection.
- Select ENABLED to enable Intel(R) AMT.
- Select SOL/IDE-R/KVM and enable all of these features.
- Enabling Legacy Redirection Mode.
- Select User Consent
- Select desired options for KVM and Remote IT operations.
- Enter Network Setup to enter network preferences for the Intel ME.
- Enter Activate Network Access to enable Intel AMT.
- Exit to the Main Menu.
- Select MEBx Exit to continue booting your system.
- Once booted into Windows, I wait several minutes for all the services to start
- Open Intel Management and Security Status application
- Under the General tab, verify Intel AMT = Enabled
- Under the Advanced tab, verify status is configured and admin mode is displayed
Verification steps taken on the ConfigMgr server
Verify I can browse http;//<computer fqdn>:16992. This works successfully. I'm able to login and browse around the different hardware information.
Verify I can browse https://<computer fqdn>:16993
This is where it fails. I get page cannot be displayed using 16993.
Ping <computer fqdn> and verify LAN IP is returned along with replies.
Telnet <computer fqdn> 16993 which fails
Ran netstat -a on the client. 16992 is listed. 16993 is not.