3 Replies Latest reply on May 27, 2014 7:20 AM by allan_intel

Intel DH87RL and 4K/60Hz over Display Port

Weilburger

Hello Intel-Support Team,

will the DH87RL desktop mainboard support 4K with 60Hz over Display Port 1.2 - for example with the Samsung U28D590p Display?

Greetings from Germany,

H. Nagi

• 1. Re: Intel DH87RL and 4K/60Hz over Display Port
          allan_intel

Thanks for joining the graphics community.

I understand you are looking for 4K screen resolution specifications.

This type of resolution is supported on 4th generation Intel® Core™ processor family (Intel® Iris™ Pro Graphics 5200 / Intel® Iris™ Graphics 5100, Intel® HD Graphics 5000 / 4600 / 4400 / 4200)

See the following supported screen resolutions through DP 1.2

DisplayPort* 1.2 / eDP*

H-Processors: 3840 x 2160@60Hz

U-Processors: 3200 x 2000 @60 Hz, 3840x2160@30Hz

*Embedded display port.

Please check additional information about graphics controller here:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/quick-reference-guide-to-intel-processor-graphics

Allan.

• 2. Re: Intel DH87RL and 4K/60Hz over Display Port
            Weilburger

Hello Allan,

thanks for the answer, but now there are more new questions than you answered :-)

You wrote about H- and U-Processors - I think those are BGA Chips for "All-in-On" Systems (soldered on the board). See: Haswell (microarchitecture) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I am talking about an Intel Desktop Mainboard: DH87RL with Socket 1150 to use with Core i3, i5 and i7 CPUs. There was an article in the German Computer Magazin c´t, that these CPUs are supporting 3840x2160 @ 60Hz but the driver is still missing (April 2014). The driver must support "High-Bitrate 2 (HBR2) over SST (Single-Stream-Transport)" for 60 Hz over Display Port 1.2 or at least Multi-Stream-Transport (originally designed for connecting two daisy-chained Displays with 30Hz each).

I checked it today with my new Samsung U28D590p Display and I was not able to select more than 30Hz. (This Monitor is working with 3840x2160@60Hz on an external GeForce card)

Is Intel working on a driver update to support 60Hz over Display Port?

Greetings from Germany,

H. Nagi

• 3. Re: Intel DH87RL and 4K/60Hz over Display Port
              allan_intel

Thanks for coming back to the communities.

The Intel engineering department is aware of this matter and they are currently working to get this issue resolved. I still do not have an estimate time of resolution but you can keep check the following post for more details:

https://communities.intel.com/thread/46375

Allan.