3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2010 1:42 PM by

Counter-Strike: Source

I have been trying to play Counter-Strike: Source and have been trying to get support from Steam and they told me to go to Intel.

I have an Intel 945 GM and on a laptop. I have tried many things and I am wondering if my laptop is compatible to play it.

Genuine Intel(R) CPU

T2400 @ 1.83GHz

1.83GHz 1.99 GB of RAM

Windonws XPMedia Center Edition

Version 2002

Service Pack 2

Mobile Intel(R) 945 Express Chipset Family

• 1. Re: Counter-Strike: Source
          Javed Lodhi

Hi,

First of all, can you elaborate a bit further as to what exactly is the error that occurs if you try to play the game. Posting a screenshot would def. be helpful.

Now, here are the requirements for Counter-Strike Source:

System Requirements

Minimum: 1.2 GHz Processor, 256MB RAM, DirectX 7 level graphics card, Windows 2000/XP, Mouse, Keyboard, Internet Connection

Recommended: 2.4 GHz Processor, 512MB RAM, DirectX 9 level graphics card, Windows 2000/XP, Mouse, Keyboard, Internet Connection

As you can see above, you require a Dx level 7 or 9 GPU while your motherboard's chipset i.e. 945GM comes with GMA950 which actually supports Dx 9* 3D and comes with the following specs:

256-bit graphics core running at 400MHz
          Up to 10.6 GB/sec memory bandwidth with DDR2 667 system memory
          1.6 GPixels/sec and 1.6 GTexels/sec fill rate
          Up to 224 MB maximum video memory
          2048x1536 at 75 Hz maximum resolution
          Dynamic Display Modes for flat-panel, wide-screen and Digital TV support

Though the game should run keeping the minimum requirements in consideration however with my experience, I would suggest that you plug in any compatible external GPU (Graphics Card)  so that you are able to play game with ease.

Let me know if you need any further help or information with this.

Thank you and have a great day!

--

Warm Regards,

Javed Lodhi

Intel Go Green, Save The Environment!

• 2. Re: Counter-Strike: Source
            Javed Lodhi

Hi,

You mentioned that you have 945GM chipset and from the rest of the system specs, I see you have no external GPU installed and that your system is using the on-board video. Looking at the counter strike requirements, I see that your system is sufficient in every other way except for the GPU (Graphic Processing Unit or VGA Card). You do not have an external graphic card installed to fulfill the requirements due to which you must be encountering problems running the game. Here are the system requirements in order to play counter strike:

Counter Strike: Source (System Requirements)

Minimum: 1.2 GHz Processor, 256MB RAM, DirectX 7 level graphics card, Windows 2000/XP, Mouse, Keyboard, Internet Connection

Recommended: 2.4 GHz Processor, 512MB RAM, DirectX 9 level graphics card, Windows 2000/XP, Mouse, Keyboard, Internet Connection

For any further questions, feel free to ask.

Thank you!

--

Warm Regards,

Javed Lodhi

Intel Go Green, Save The Environment!

• 3. Re: Counter-Strike: Source

hey dude i have windows 7 32 bit you think cs source will work with my comp?