0 Replies Latest reply on May 22, 2014 2:40 PM by Andre_Duarte

Enabling XMP in DZ87KLT-75K

Andre_Duarte

Hi Everyone,

It should be a noob question, but where exactly can I enable the XMP in the DZ87KL-75K?

I'm not a expert in this and I bought a RAM from Corsair (32GB Dominator platinum 1600 Mhz - 7-8-8-24 at 1.5V).

When I first insert this memory, it just run at 1333 Mhz, 9-9-9-24 (these are in fact the SPD settings), and obsviously it had a poor performance (quite worser than the old memory I had in place, the Vengeance 1600Mhz C10).

Then I found the slider bar in the BIOS to automatically speed up the Ram.

But when I set it to run at 1600 Mhz, it also increases the voltage to 1.65V (the timings still at 9-9-9-24).

Later this, I finally found where I could decrease the timings and the voltage (notice that my RAM should run at 1600Mhz, 7-8-8-24 at 1.5V).

So, I decreased the voltage to 1.5V and the timings to 7-8-8-24.

But my PC doesn't boot at these timings, so I relaxed the timings to 8-8-8-24 and it's working perfectly so far (1600Mhz at 1.5V).

And finally I tried to update my BIOS (the 451 version), and now the BIOS screen doesn't show up.

Now I'm expecting for an update that fixes this BIOS issue, but till then, I would like to know exactly where I can enable the XMP for my RAM (I didn't see XMP in anything... just the slider bar and the timings and voltage settings for RAM). Aside these 4 timings settings in the BIOS, there are a lot of other settings (no idea of these could be, so I didn't change anything else).

But, why my PC doesn't boot when the timings are 7-8-8-24 if Corsair says those RAM are able to run at these specs?

And why the voltage is automacally set to 1.65V if my Ram should run at these specs at 1.5V?

Am I doing something wrong?

Perhaps the DZ87KLT-75K doesn't support those timings?

My setup:

i7-4771

DZ87KLT-75K

32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (currently running at 1600Mhz, 8-8-8-24 at 1.5V)

3 SSD Samsung 840 Pro in Raid 0