8 Replies Latest reply on Jun 6, 2014 9:40 AM by Vanguard

Trouble installing Intel Unified AMT 7 WS Management Interface Driver.

Vanguard

Hi guys. I've been trying to update the Intel Unified AMT 7 WS Management Interface Driver. I've downloaded the driver from Dell here (located under Chipset tab). When I go to install the driver, though, I receive the following error.

"The setup program failed to install one or more device drivers.

Setup will exit."

I've tried installing the program under a few different circumstances (disabling AV software, installing in safe mode w/ and without networking) but so far nothing has worked. I've attached a screenshot of the error I'm seeing. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get the driver to install or if there is an Intel equivalent? I'm using a Dell Precision T3600 with Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit. I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask. Please let me know if you have further questions. Thanks!

Message was edited by: Vanguard

• 1. Re: Trouble installing Intel Unified AMT 7 WS Management Interface Driver.
          joe_intel

It is usually recommended to install the Intel® Chipset driver first, please make sure it is installed. Updating the BIOS may also be of help.

• 2. Re: Trouble installing Intel Unified AMT 7 WS Management Interface Driver.
            Vanguard

Hey Joe, thanks for the reply! When attempting to install the chipset driver, I'm getting "An unknown error occured. Setup will exit." error. I've attached a screenshot and the install log for the instanced install.

• 3. Re: Trouble installing Intel Unified AMT 7 WS Management Interface Driver.
              joe_intel

You may try the Intel® Chipset Device Software (INF Update Utility). However, I suspect this is an operating system issue somehow. The system manufacturer provides those drivers for your computer model and they are tested to work, so, what are the chances both of them are failing to install?

I am not a programmer but the warning at the end of the log seems to indicate a failure related to a missing path.

Perhaps using the OEM recovery discs may be an option for you.

• 4. Re: Trouble installing Intel Unified AMT 7 WS Management Interface Driver.
                Vanguard

I don't really understand what it's trying to do at this point that is causing it to fail. (Note: These are from the AMT installer logs, though it shows the same 0xA error in the chipset log)

[INF - 600]

Installing C:\Dell\Drivers\9WC69\Drivers\MEI\HECI.inf

INF = C:\Dell\Drivers\9WC69\Drivers\MEI\HECI.inf

Execute command: C:\Dell\Drivers\9WC69\x64\Drv64.exe -driverinf "C:\Dell\Drivers\9WC69\Drivers\MEI\HECI.inf" -flags 20 -keypath "Software\Intel\Difx64"

!   DriverPackageInstall error 0xA

IIF will NOT initiate reboot

Exit code = 0xA

ResultCode = 10

I've got multiple T3600's running on the same computer image and using the same installer. This is the only one that's been giving me trouble. Every other T3600 that I've pulled logs from shows below.

[INF - 600]

Installing C:\Dell\Drivers\9WC69\Drivers\MEI\HECI.inf

INF = C:\Dell\Drivers\9WC69\Drivers\MEI\HECI.inf

Execute command: C:\Dell\Drivers\9WC69\x64\Drv64.exe -driverinf "C:\Dell\Drivers\9WC69\Drivers\MEI\HECI.inf" -flags 20 -keypath "Software\Intel\Difx64"

Installed Package = C:\Dell\Drivers\9WC69\Drivers\MEI\HECI.inf

Package Requires Reboot = no

Checking for previously installed driver package

Previous INF = C:\Windows\inf\oem44.inf

Uninstalling previous driver package, if any

Execute command: C:\Dell\Drivers\9WC69\x64\Drv64.exe -driverinf "C:\Windows\inf\oem44.inf" -flags 0 -keypath "Software\Intel\Difx64" -uninstall

Driver package successfully removed from driver store

-------------------------

I've tried to research what the 0xA error is but I can't really find anything (or maybe I'm just not looking the right way). Any idea what that error translates to? I'd like to avoid the nuke option if possible.

Edit: I meant to add that I will attempt the inf update utility when able.

• 5. Re: Trouble installing Intel Unified AMT 7 WS Management Interface Driver.
                  joe_intel

You missed this part from the log: “Warning 0xE0000235: DriverPackageGetPath failed.”

Besides some reference to the operating system architecture I was not able to find anything useful either. Perhaps this system has something installed that differentiates it from the other ones.

• 6. Re: Trouble installing Intel Unified AMT 7 WS Management Interface Driver.
                    Vanguard

I looked at the full install log for the chipset and I'm seeing that “Warning 0xE0000235: DriverPackageGetPath failed.” has showed up a few other times but did not cause the install to fail. I suspect that "Previous driver package = " being empty is causing that error, but I'm not seeing it being the reason for the install failing. I'll attach the full chipset log.

[Device]

Driver = C:\Dell\Drivers\RCWTJ\WIN7\patsmb.inf

INF = C:\Dell\Drivers\RCWTJ\WIN7\patsmb.inf

Installed INF =

Previous driver package =

!           Warning 0xE0000235: DriverPackageGetPath failed.

Difx = 64 bit

Execute command: C:\Dell\Drivers\RCWTJ\x64\Difx64.exe -DriverInf "C:\Dell\Drivers\RCWTJ\WIN7\patsmb.inf" -Flags 20 -KeyPath "Software\Intel\Difx64"

Using RegDeleteKeyEx

Installed Package = C:\Dell\Drivers\RCWTJ\WIN7\patsmb.inf

New Uninstall Key = inf4

[Device]

Driver = C:\Dell\Drivers\RCWTJ\WIN7\patusb.inf

INF = C:\Dell\Drivers\RCWTJ\WIN7\patusb.inf

Installed INF = C:\Windows\inf\usbport.inf

Previous driver package =

!           Warning 0xE0000235: DriverPackageGetPath failed.

Difx = 64 bit

Execute command: C:\Dell\Drivers\RCWTJ\x64\Difx64.exe -DriverInf "C:\Dell\Drivers\RCWTJ\WIN7\patusb.inf" -Flags 20 -KeyPath "Software\Intel\Difx64"

Using RegDeleteKeyEx

Installed Package = C:\Dell\Drivers\RCWTJ\WIN7\patusb.inf

New Uninstall Key = inf5

Progress Thread Wait = Success

[Finish]

User wants to reboot.

[ResponseResult]

ResultCode = 0

• 7. Re: Trouble installing Intel Unified AMT 7 WS Management Interface Driver.
                      joe_intel

If all the systems share the same hardware specifications perhaps it is an easier option for you to clone the data from one of those systems into this one.

May I ask, is this driver missing from Device Manager or is there a particular reason for you to install it?

• 8. Re: Trouble installing Intel Unified AMT 7 WS Management Interface Driver.
                        Vanguard

The AMT driver is just part of our updates for this batch of computers. You had mentioned it possibly being an OS issue, we're thinking the same thing, too. So we're going to re-image the computer and try the updates again. Hopefully that'll be the end of this issue.