Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20675 Discussions

intel graphics and 1080i VC-1

TKeto
Beginner

Hi,

I have been trying to get some interlaced VC-1 1080i material working in my intel Graphics desktop (Pentium G840). To my best knowlegde, intel graphics can't do that. At best the picture is stuttering. Only combination which seems to work is NVIDIA-VDPAU-Xine (in Ubuntu 14.04).

So the question is, is there any hope to resolve this issue any time soonish or is there something I'm not aware of?

I'm interested in seeing this issue resolved because I got a little excited about the intel NUC machines. This issue is holding me back, though.

--

Timo

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Hello Tike64, thanks for contacting us through the Intel Communities.

Since you have a Sandy Bridge processor, it supports VC1_D only. There won't be more updates to the DirectX* stack on this processor family.

0 Kudos
TKeto
Beginner

Hi Sylvia,

Thanks for taking time to help me.

I can't find the meaning of the VC1_D. Wikipedia talks only about simple, main and advanced:L0-4 profiles. But I reckon that VC1_D doesn't include 1080i then.

Is that DirectX-thing something about Windows. My system is Ubuntu 14.04 and I tried 2014Q1 Intel Graphics Stack Release (actually Installer 1.0.5; I think it installed 2014Q1). Does that make any difference?

And the natural follow up question is: What is needed to get interlaced VC-1 working? Is it possible with intel graphics (newer processor) and Linux combination?

--

Timo

0 Kudos
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

I'm going to check if this is possible. I'll let you know as soon as possible.

0 Kudos
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

I received information from the engineering team and they are saying that it is possible to interlaced VC-1 1080i with Intel Graphics using newer products. We haven't heard of any issues regarding interlaced media materials on newer products in Windows, but when it comes to Ubuntu and other Linux flavors, there's really no way to know for sure as those drivers are done as open source.

I hope this information helps.

Thanks

0 Kudos