Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20597 Discussions

Where is "maintain aspect ratio" for Intel HD 4000 on Windows 8.1?

YMan
Beginner

When I go into Display options, I only have 2 options for scaling; "Scale to Full Screen" and "Center Image." I'm using the latest beta driver, the latest non-beta also does not have this option.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for joining the graphics community.

I understand you are looking for scaling options.

Maintain Aspect Ratio is the option you will see when you open graphics control panel at Display Tab when monitor is not working at native screen resolution. See below for more information:

Allan

0 Kudos
YMan
Beginner

At native resolution, I only get Scale Full Screen. At non-native, I get Scale Full Screen and Center Image, but no Maintain Aspect Ratio.

This is my computer http://www.asus.com/ca-en/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/ASUS_VivoBook_X202E/overview/ http://www.asus.com/ca-en/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/ASUS_VivoBook_X202E/overview/

The display's native resolution is 16:9 @ 1366 x 768 if that helps.

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

If you have tried Intel generic drivers and customized drivers from your computer manufacturer and still does not have an option for Maintain Aspect Ratio this means the graphics VBIOS is locked. Bear in mind that Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) can add, remove, alter or change features in the VBIOs according to their system designs.

Allan.

0 Kudos
JTerr5
Novice

This is honestly the most annoying bug in the software. Any time you create a custom resolution at 4:3, you have NO OPTION to maintain aspect ratio. It's complete crap. The driver always decides to stretch full screen.

Please make this the # 1 thing to fix. Make it so we can MAINTAIN ASPECT RATIO for custom resolutions.

I'm purposely bumping all aspect ratio questions so you programmers know how serious of an issue this is.

Also fix the limited 60hz problem for monitors that can go to 120hz. That's another huge bug.

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for the feedback.

Download latest video drivers for your graphics controller here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx Intel® Download Center

Please filter by graphics controller model, and operating system version and download the latest version.

If you are still experiencing same problem, I recommend testing customized drivers from your motherboard or computer manufacturer.

Allan.

0 Kudos
RGabr
Novice

This problem still exists in the latest Intel 3960 driver.

0 Kudos
JTerr5
Novice

Because Intel is a piece of crap company. You really think they give a crap about you? No. They just want your money and now they got it. So their software is horrible and they ignore all the features we want (like edid overrides for custom resolutions, maintain aspect ratio, etc. stuff that nvidia and AMD have been allowing for YEARS).

Just do what I do - don't EVER buy ANY product that uses Intel ever again.

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Intel is currently investigating the issue and the engineering team is working towards a resolution.

See this post for more information:

Allan.

0 Kudos
lbert8
Beginner

The information is very interesting. It is new knowledge for me.

0 Kudos