6 Replies Latest reply on May 23, 2014 1:47 PM by sylvia_intel

Intel NUC D54250WYKH won't connect to Sony TV

Trintob

Hi, I have a problem; I can’t connect my NUC to one of my TVs. All I get is a blank screen as if there is no signal present.

My NUC Details are as follows:

Intel NUC: D54250WYKH.

Memory: 1 X Kingston KVR16LS11/8

MSATA SSD: Crucial CT120M500SSD3

BIOS: Version WYLPT10H.86A.0025.2014.0303.1008

Graphic Drivers: Version 10.18.10.3540

My TV and Monitor details are as follows:

Sony TV KDL-Z46500 (this is the one that I am unable to connect to the NUC)

Sony TV KDL-HX850 (no problems connecting the NUC)

BenQ Monitor G2420HD (no problems connecting the NUC)

I have connected both the Sony KDL-HX850 and the BenQ G2420HD to the NUC via a mini HDMI male to HDMI lead with no problems, just plug and play no adjustments necessary.

When I try connecting my other TV the Sony KDL-Z46500 to any of the HDMI ports all I get is a blank screen. The Sony KDL-Z46500 has four HDMI ports. On all of them, I have tried other devices (Homecast PVR, Sony Blu ray player and WD media player), and all connect to the TV. I have also connected my Desktop PC running Windows 7 to the TV via a normal HDMI lead, with no problems connecting.

I have contacted Sony support and have been working with them to try and find a solution by adjusting settings on the TV but we have not been able to fix the problem. Sony support thinks that it is a problem with the NUC and maybe Windows 8.1.

Has anyone had this problem and know of a fix, as I only bought the NUC to be used with the Sony KDL-Z46500. If it can’t be connected I’ve wasted my money.

• 1. Re: Intel NUC D54250WYKH won't connect to Sony TV
          sylvia_intel

Hello Trintob, thanks for contacting us through the Intel Communities.

Your problem could be a compatibility issue between the NUC and the TV. But also would be important to know if this could also be caused by the graphic driver installed.

The driver version 3540 is a beta drive, therefore I suggest you to install the latest production driver version 3496.

beta driver 3540.JPG

Graphics driver HD Graphics Driver for Windows* 7/8/8.1 64-bit Download Center    

Graphics driver HD Graphics Driver for Windows* 7/8/8.1 32-bit Download Center    

Regards,

• 2. Re: Intel NUC D54250WYKH won't connect to Sony TV
            Trintob

Hi Sylvia, Thanks for your reply. I have deleted the Graphic driver 3540 and loaded the 3496 version but I still can't connect to my TV.

There is no changes on the TV screen when I start the NUC it acts as though it is waiting for a signal.

I have tried various HDMI leads and different starting sequences with no success, so now I am at a loss as all my other devices even my desktop PC work on my TV.

Regards,

• 3. Re: Intel NUC D54250WYKH won't connect to Sony TV
              sylvia_intel

Do you have any other TV or a regular monitor that you can test?

• 4. Re: Intel NUC D54250WYKH won't connect to Sony TV
                Trintob

Hi Sylvia, Yes I have tested the NUC on my other Sony TV KDL-55HX850 (this is only 2 years old)  and my BenQ Monitor G2420HD (about 5 years old). Both of these connect to the NUC with no problems at all.  Audio an picture quality is good and both connect at 1920 X 1080. I use a mini HDMI to HDMI high speed cable to connect to the TV's and monitor.

My older TV 46Z5500 (6 years old) is the one that wont connect to the NUC (no video signal at all).

• 5. Re: Intel NUC D54250WYKH won't connect to Sony TV
                  Trintob

Hi Sylvia, Good news I have been able to connect my NUC to my Sony KDL-46Z5500 TV.

This was done by using an adaptor, a mini HDMI (male) to HDMI (female) connected to my NUC then using a HDMI cable that I think is only rated as HDMI1.2 connected to my TV.

I have tried all my HDMI 1.4 and 1.4a cables with this adaptor but none of them would work. The only one that worked was an old HDMI cable with only “HDMI CABLE” written on it, not “High Speed HDMI” as all my other cables have. This cable is at least 6 years old.

I hope this information helps and please let me know if you find out any other information regarding this.

Regards,

Mark Dundas

• 6. Re: Intel NUC D54250WYKH won't connect to Sony TV
                    sylvia_intel

I’m glad it is working with that TV. Thanks for the information.