Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Where is a working driver for Intel HD 4600 graphics?

LAnde10
Novice

I have an Intel Haswell i5-4570 CPU which I understand has integrated Intel HD 4600 graphics.

My monitor is Dell U2312HM and I use Microsoft Windows 8.1

I downloaded the driver (filename: win64_153318.exe, version 15.33.18.64.3496) from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23714&lang=eng Download Center and installed it and rebooted my machine.

The graphics were displayed properly on my monitor. However.....about 10 minutes into using my computer, the monitor just went blank. I had to reboot my machine in Safe Mode and remove the said driver. Only then my monitor is able to display graphics.

Under Device Manager, my display adapter currently shows Microsoft Basic Display Adapter while under Monitor, the name is Generic PnP monitor.

While I was using Windows Update, I noticed that Microsoft offers a piece of Dell software and an Intel Graphics software. I downloaded and installed them. The result was the same: blank screen after about 10 minutes of normal display. Again I had to go into Safe Mode to remove the two installed drivers. I blacklisted the two drivers from appearing again under Windows Update.

In summary here is my question: Where can I find a working driver for Intel HD 4600 graphics?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
LAnde10
Novice

I believe I may have solved the issue myself.

First, I have to download and install the Dell U2312HM driver. Upon successful installation and a reboot, Device Manager will report that the monitor is Dell U2312HM (Digital - DVI).

Second, download the latest driver (filename: win64_153318.exe, version 15.33.18.64.3496) from Intel and install it. A reboot is necessary. Device Manager will report that the display adapter is Intel HD Graphics 4600.

Up till this point in time, my display is working fine.

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

M@V8, I'm glad to know you were able to find a solution for your problem.

0 Kudos