1 Reply Latest reply on May 6, 2014 10:19 AM by kevin_intel

Maximum drives for DH87RL

lucastech

Hello everyone. Here is my question, because I can't figure it out after trying a lot of different things and not finding answers in google.
      Board model: DH87RL

Board version: AAG74240-401

BIOS version: RLH8710H.86A.0325.2014.0417.1800

I have 2 ssd's mounted as raid 0 with the OS. Then 2 hdd's also in raid 0 as main storage. And then 3 dvd burners.

Now, I want to add 2 more ssd's, so I disconnected 2 dvd burners that I don't need anymore. But I can't get the BIOS to recognize the new ssd's.

I'm not connecting them to the sata connectors on the MB, because there are only 5 and 4 are used in the other hard drives.
      I'm connecting them to this small PCIe card to which the dvd burners were connected to. But I have no luck. This PCIe card doesn't have a brand or name or model or anything, and I'm assuming it came with the MB.
      Can you please point me in the right direction? What other things I can try?
      Thank you very much in advance.

Lucas

• 1. Re: Maximum drives for DH87RL
          kevin_intel

Hi lucastech,

Let me help you with this.

You can connect HDD in all the SATA controllers from the board and all drives should be recognized just fine. Now, can you try disconnecting all drives from the board and connecting this two new SSDs directly to the SATA ports?

Let me know the results?