Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14536 Discussions

XTU 4.4.0.4 setup failed

JTheB
Beginner

Good afternoon,

first, sorry for my poor english. I am a G750JX user, since August 2013. I am using Windows 8.1.

I have been using Intel XTU from Sept. 2013 to March 2014 all working successful, till 2 weeks ago.

Indeed, I tried to launch XTU as usual, but an error occured, something like a "conflict" with another program (I don't remember clearly)

So, I completely uninstalled it, download the most recent version for Win8.1, which is 4.4.0.4,

but, once I try to install it, it gives an error message :

Then, I click OK, and :

I read some topics talking about antivirus/firewall troubles, but I did turned OFF both (Norton Internet Security), turned ON windows firewall, it did not worked, same problem.

I have updated windows 8.1 to windows 8.1 update 1, I tried to uninstall / reinstall it, but it changed nothing.

I tried with XTU 4.3.0.11, but same problem.

This is why I need some help !

Thank you.

I can also join the log file above if you need it.

ROG83
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

ROG83, I'm sorry about this situation, but it is important to know that Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (XTU) was design to work on Intel motherboards only, not on OEM or other system brands devices.

Because it worked for a while, I would recommend you to try installing the previous version again.

If it still not working, you may check if you can restore your computer to the last working state by choosing "System Restore" once you're in Windows.

0 Kudos
JTheB
Beginner

Thank you for help !

But unfortunately, my "System Restore" won't go prior to the XTU uninstall...

And apparently no version seem to work.

Hope Intel will solve this problem

0 Kudos
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee
0 Kudos
JTheB
Beginner

Well

Do you know if there is any software similar to XTU, in order to slightly and safely OC my CPU i7 4700hq, and to lower its voltage as XTU did ?
0 Kudos