Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7365 Discussions

Wireless-AC 7260 Ad Hoc Problem

KRozm
Beginner

I have a Lenovo ThinkPad W540 with Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 Plus Bluetooth

and the problem is I can't connect to a third party device which broadcasts ad hoc wifi network.

This ad hoc network does not share Internet connection, it is purely to connect with this device via the dedicated application.

I tested connection with other ad hoc networks and looks like Wireless-AC 7260 can only connect to ad hoc wifi networks which share Internet connection. If they do not share Internet connection then Wireless-AC 7260 does not set up IP properly via DHCP.

I tried different drivers and different operating systems (Windows 7, Windows 8). Nothing helps...

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Perhaps creating a profile manually in the Lenovo* computer will help you in this situation.

0 Kudos
KRozm
Beginner

Unfortunately it doesn't help. We need to create profiles and connect manually anyway - Windows does not show ad hoc wifi networks by default.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Let me check about this.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee
and the problem is I can't connect to a third party device which broadcasts ad hoc wifi network.

We were able to connect but we would like to do more testing. Would you share the models of those broadcasting devices?

0 Kudos
KRozm
Beginner

>Would you share the models of those broadcasting devices?

It's based on Microchip hardware and software.

0 Kudos