2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 29, 2014 7:31 AM by sylvia_intel

NUC d34010 wrong hardware time

Nafi

Hi

everytime i boot up the Nuc in Windows,Linux or into the Uefi, the time is 2 hours behind. If i manually correct the time in the Uefi, it's 2 hours behind again after a reboot...

Since it's always 2 hours behind, i assume the hardware clock is working fine but for some reason, it does not accept any changes to it?

Does anyone else has a similar problem?

• 1. Re: NUC d34010 wrong hardware time
          dougho

In case you are not aware, Linux by default stores time differently than Windows and UEFI.  The former could appear to be a couple hours different if you are around Europe/Scandinavia/Africa.  You can change Linux to be more like Windows and UEFI by changing a setting to UTC=no.

• 2. Re: NUC d34010 wrong hardware time
            sylvia_intel

Hello Nafi, thanks for contacting us through the Intel communities.

I would like to inform you that there are many reasons why the clock starts showing the wrong time.  Some examples are the following:

1.       CMOS battery:  you may need to replace the battery of your system. If the battery goes bad, the chip starts losing information and one of the symptoms is that your computer no longer maintains its time and date.

2.       Time Zone: Your computer may simply be set to the wrong time zone and every time you fix the time, it resets itself to that time zone when you reboot.

3.       Virus/Malware: your computer may have been hijacked by a virus that messes with your computer time.

Hope this information is helpful for you.

Regards.