2 Replies Latest reply on May 13, 2014 7:46 AM by MikeN_Intel

    issues with Gailieo Wifi connections

    Brickmaker

      I once had Wifi connection work with 0.75 SD image following exactly Intel Galileo Meets Wireless - Malinov Family Web Presence . But since the other day I cannot connect to Wifi anymore. I have very similar problem with this post Intel Adv-N 6235 Wifi not connecting except for the fact that I don't have any processes of wpa_supplicant. I thought it could be a bug in 0.75 SD image. So I upgraded to Alex's 1.00  Galileo Linux Images (I guess there must be plenty of bugs yet to be fixed so Intel hesitates to announce the official one..). After that, I can start wlan0 without errors apparently. But it only works when eth0 is connected. I found people have the same problem here( http://superuser.com/questions/539107/wlan0-goes-down-when-eth0-not-used ). I tried Nmap that shows the two ip address of eth0 and wlan0 have the same MAC address.

       

      Any ideas how to fix the wifi problem? Thank you very much in advance. I am so frustrated about the wifi problem. I spent a lot of time troubleshooting issues like this and did not get anything of my project done. Maybe I have to be an expert in embedding linux to be able to use Galileo...

        • 1. Re: issues with Gailieo Wifi connections
          JPMontero_Intel

          Hi Brickmaker


          Could you provide the dmesg output on a txt file? In that way we could have a better picture of the issue. Something else you can try is a fresh install of the SD card image, since something might got corrupted.


          Regards
          Juan Pablo

          • 2. Re: issues with Gailieo Wifi connections
            MikeN_Intel

            Hi all,

             

            I am also on the 0.7.5 image and the official release board firmware. I am getting intermittent crashes relating to the wifi. I've searched for a solution but haven't seen similar issues so am wondering if it is something between my nic and router, or a OS/driver/firmware error or a hw problem. The console output I get when a crash happens is:

             

            root@clanton:~# [ 2383.820236] iwlwifi 0000:01:00.0: fail to
            flush all tx fifo queues

            [ 2385.850265] iwlwifi 0000:01:00.0: Error sending
            REPLY_ADD_STA: time out after 2000ms.

            [ 2385.858274] iwlwifi 0000:01:00.0: Current CMD queue
            read_ptr 85 write_ptr 88

            [ 2385.867444] wlan0: failed to remove key (0,
            00:24:a1:76:03:13) from hardware (-110)

            [ 2387.870258] iwlwifi 0000:01:00.0: Error sending
            REPLY_QOS_PARAM: time out after 2000ms.

            [ 2387.878435] iwlwifi 0000:01:00.0: Current CMD queue
            read_ptr 85 write_ptr 91

            [ 2387.885891] iwlwifi 0000:01:00.0: Failed to update QoS

            [ 2388.959471] iwlwifi 0000:01:00.0: ACTIVATE a non DRIVER
            active station id 0 addr 00:24:a1:76:03:13

            [ 2388.968612] iwlwifi 0000:01:00.0: HCMD_ACTIVE already
            clear for command REPLY_QOS_PARAM

            [ 2388.969222] iwlwifi 0000:01:00.0: HCMD_ACTIVE already
            clear for command REPLY_RXON

            [ 2388.992833] cfg80211: Calling CRDA for country: US