1 2 Previous Next 23 Replies Latest reply on Dec 13, 2014 9:48 AM by AlexT_Intel

failed to build yocto project for Galileo

lawliet

hello,

I built the source code for galileo (bitbake image-full) but faced with such a problem :

……

| Configuring nodejs.

| Configuring alsa-utils-aseqnet.

| Configuring alsa-utils-aseqdump.

| Configuring alsa-utils.

| Configuring wireless-tools.

| Building from feeds activated!

| Running intercept scripts:

| > Executing update_font_cache

| WARNING: intercept script "update_font_cache" failed, falling back to running postinstalls at first boot

| sed: -e expression #1, char 8: extra characters after command

| ERROR: Function failed: do_rootfs (see /home/lawliet/galileo/customized_galileo/meta-clanton_v0.7.5/yocto_build/tmp/work/clanton-poky-linux-uclibc/image-full/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_rootfs.45174 for further information)

ERROR: Task 7 (/home/lawliet/galileo/customized_galileo/meta-clanton_v0.7.5/meta-clanton-distro/recipes-core/images/image-full.bb, do_rootfs) failed with exit code '1'

NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 2791 tasks of which 2746 didn't need to be rerun and 2 failed.

Waiting for 0 running tasks to finish:

Summary: 2 tasks failed:

/home/lawliet/galileo/customized_galileo/meta-clanton_v0.7.5/poky/meta/recipes-core/images/core-image-minimal-initramfs.bb, do_rootfs

/home/lawliet/galileo/customized_galileo/meta-clanton_v0.7.5/meta-clanton-distro/recipes-core/images/image-full.bb, do_rootfs

Summary: There was 1 WARNING message shown.

Summary: There were 2 ERROR messages shown, returning a non-zero exit code.

lawliet@ubuntu:~/galileo/customized_galileo/meta-clanton_v0.7.5/yocto_build$

It shows that there is a error in do_rootfs task. and the point is :

| > Executing update_font_cache

| WARNING: intercept script "update_font_cache" failed, falling back to running postinstalls at first boot

| sed: -e expression #1, char 8: extra characters after command

I do not know how to resolve this problem, anyone could help me ?  thanks.

• 1. Re: failed to build yocto project for Galileo
          lawliet

now I have known that where is the problem.

in poky/meta/classes/image.bbclass  the function run_intercept_scriptlets () has an error.

and the error comes here

eval sed -i $sed_expr $status_file

Till now, I do not know how to fix this bug. I comment out of this piece of code and compile success. 

• 2. Re: failed to build yocto project for Galileo
            FocaaBR

Hi, there

I'm facing some errors when i do the bitbake on my linux too. I'm using a VM Ubuntu 12.04.1 and using the ROS tutorial. Can you tell me your specifications, what files you downloaded w/ apt-get (like texinfo, git, g++) and the tutorial you are following?

Here is the last error message that the terminal showed:

user@ubuntu:~/devel_gal/meta-clanton_v0.7.5/yocto_build$ bitbake image-full

Pseudo is not present but is required, building this first before the main build

Parsing recipes: 100% |#########################################| Time: 00:02:47

Parsing of 1249 .bb files complete (0 cached, 1249 parsed). 1612 targets, 40 skipped, 0 masked, 0 errors.

Build Configuration:

BB_VERSION        = "1.18.0"

BUILD_SYS         = "i686-linux"

NATIVELSBSTRING   = "Ubuntu-12.04"

TARGET_SYS        = "i586-poky-linux"

MACHINE           = "clanton"

DISTRO            = "clanton-full"

DISTRO_VERSION    = "1.4.2"

TUNE_FEATURES     = "m32 i586"

TARGET_FPU        = ""

meta             

meta-yocto       

meta-yocto-bsp    = "clanton:d734ab491a30078d43dee5440c03acce2d251425"

meta-intel        = "clanton:048def7bae8e3e1a11c91f5071f99bdcf8e6dd16"

meta-oe           = "clanton:13ae5105ee30410136beeae66ec41ee4a8a2e2b0"

meta-clanton-distro

meta-clanton-bsp 

meta-clanton-galileo = "<unknown>:<unknown>"

NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies

NOTE: Preparing runqueue

NOTE: Executing SetScene Tasks

NOTE: Executing RunQueue Tasks

WARNING: Checksum failure encountered with download of http://www.yoctoproject.org/downloads/pseudo/pseudo-1.5.1.tar.bz2 - will attempt other sources if available

WARNING: Renaming /home/user/devel_gal/meta-clanton_v0.7.5/yocto_build/downloads/pseudo-1.5.1.tar.bz2 to /home/user/devel_gal/meta-clanton_v0.7.5/yocto_build/downloads/pseudo-1.5.1.tar.bz2_bad-checksum_a64169d39f68e2f2bd983ed581858862

NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 63 tasks of which 0 didn't need to be rerun and all succeeded.

Summary: There were 2 WARNING messages shown.

Loading cache: 100% |###########################################| ETA:  00:00:00

Loaded 1613 entries from dependency cache.

Build Configuration:

TARGET_FPU        = ""

meta             

meta-yocto       

meta-clanton-distro

meta-clanton-bsp 

NOTE: multiple providers are available for jpeg (jpeg, libjpeg-turbo)

NOTE: consider defining a PREFERRED_PROVIDER entry to match jpeg

NOTE: multiple providers are available for jpeg-native (jpeg-native, libjpeg-turbo-native)

NOTE: consider defining a PREFERRED_PROVIDER entry to match jpeg-native

WARNING: Failed to fetch URL http://www.zlib.net/zlib-1.2.7.tar.bz2, attempting MIRRORS if available

WARNING: Failed to fetch URL ftp://ftp.ossp.org/pkg/lib/uuid/uuid-1.6.2.tar.gz, attempting MIRRORS if available

WARNING: Failed to fetch URL http://zlib.net/pigz/pigz-2.3.tar.gz, attempting MIRRORS if available

WARNING: Failed to fetch URL http://www.apache.org/dist/apr/apr-1.4.6.tar.bz2, attempting MIRRORS if available

WARNING: Failed to fetch URL http://www.apache.org/dist/apr/apr-util-1.5.1.tar.gz, attempting MIRRORS if available

WARNING: Failed to fetch URL http://www.apache.org/dist/subversion/subversion-1.7.8.tar.bz2, attempting MIRRORS if available

WARNING: Failed to fetch URL http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/libpng/libpng16/1.6.0/libpng-1.6.0.tar.xz, attempting MIRRORS if available

WARNING: Failed to fetch URL http://pkg-shadow.alioth.debian.org/releases/shadow-4.1.4.3.tar.bz2, attempting MIRRORS if available

WARNING: Failed to fetch URL http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Hans_Boehm/gc/gc_source/gc-7.2d.tar.gz, attempting MIRRORS if available

WARNING: Failed to fetch URL http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/unstable/sources/tinylogin-1.4.tar.bz2, attempting MIRRORS if available

WARNING: Failed to fetch URL ftp://ftp.uni-erlangen.de/pub/Linux/LOCAL/dosfstools/dosfstools-2.11.src.tar.gz, attempting MIRRORS if available

WARNING: Failed to fetch URL git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable.git;branch=linux-3.8.y, attempting MIRRORS if available

ERROR: Fetcher failure: Fetch command failed with exit code 128, output:

Cloning into bare repository '/home/user/devel_gal/meta-clanton_v0.7.5/yocto_build/downloads/git2/git.kernel.org.pub.scm.linux.kernel.git.stable.linux-stable.git'...

error: index-pack died of signal 9

fatal: index-pack failed

ERROR: Function failed: Fetcher failure for URL: 'git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable.git;branch=linux-3.8.y'. Unable to fetch URL from any source.

ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/user/devel_gal/meta-clanton_v0.7.5/yocto_build/tmp/work/clanton-poky-linux/linux-yocto-clanton/3.8-r0/temp/log.do_fetch.19608

ERROR: Task 361 (/home/user/devel_gal/meta-clanton_v0.7.5/meta-clanton-bsp/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-yocto-clanton_3.8.bb, do_fetch) failed with exit code '1'

NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 2018 tasks of which 369 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.

Waiting for 0 running tasks to finish:

Summary: 1 task failed:

/home/user/devel_gal/meta-clanton_v0.7.5/meta-clanton-bsp/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-yocto-clanton_3.8.bb, do_fetch

Summary: There were 12 WARNING messages shown.

Summary: There were 2 ERROR messages shown, returning a non-zero exit code.

user@ubuntu:~/devel_gal/meta-clanton_v0.7.5/yocto_build$

• 3. Re: failed to build yocto project for Galileo
              lawliet

hello, I think the following URL will help you

Bitbake Errors

• 4. Re: failed to build yocto project for Galileo
                SpiderKenny

If all you need is an SD Card image with developer tools included, then why not just use the one from IoT ADT, it has gcc and all the usual tools and libraries. I have successfully used it to build many projects already, including samba, nano, jack and alsa. It even has a remote debugger and lighttpd web server installed in it.

• 5. Re: failed to build yocto project for Galileo
                  AlexT_Intel

FocaaBR, that looks like a known problem caused by git on your build host being too new. What version do you have?

• 6. Re: failed to build yocto project for Galileo
                    AlexT_Intel

lawliet, what's your build OS and version? I think I saw something like that in the past, but don't recall any details...

• 7. Re: failed to build yocto project for Galileo
                      lawliet

my OS is ubuntu 12.04, any good ideas?

• 8. Re: failed to build yocto project for Galileo
                        FocaaBR

Alex, I'm using an Ubuntu 12.04 on a virtual machine. I did the "sudo apt-get install git". BTW, I installed g++, diffstat, texinfo, gawk, chrpath and python. Any futher recommendations?

Thank you already =)

• 9. Re: failed to build yocto project for Galileo
                          FocaaBR

Here is the lastest error occurred. Today, about 5minutes ago lol. But friday i did the cleanall process and it worked.

user@ubuntu:~/devel_gal/meta-clanton_v0.7.5/yocto_build$ bitbake image-sdk

Loading cache: 100% |###########################################| ETA:  00:00:00

Loaded 1614 entries from dependency cache.

Build Configuration:

TARGET_FPU        = ""

meta             

meta-yocto       

meta-clanton-distro

meta-clanton-bsp 

NOTE: multiple providers are available for jpeg (jpeg, libjpeg-turbo)

NOTE: consider defining a PREFERRED_PROVIDER entry to match jpeg

NOTE: multiple providers are available for jpeg-native (jpeg-native, libjpeg-turbo-native)

NOTE: consider defining a PREFERRED_PROVIDER entry to match jpeg-native

WARNING: Failed to fetch URL http://zlib.net/pigz/pigz-2.3.tar.gz, attempting MIRRORS if available

WARNING: Failed to fetch URL http://www.apache.org/dist/apr/apr-1.4.6.tar.bz2, attempting MIRRORS if available

WARNING: Failed to fetch URL http://www.apache.org/dist/apr/apr-util-1.5.1.tar.gz, attempting MIRRORS if available

WARNING: Failed to fetch URL http://www.apache.org/dist/subversion/subversion-1.7.8.tar.bz2, attempting MIRRORS if available

WARNING: Failed to fetch URL http://pkg-shadow.alioth.debian.org/releases/shadow-4.1.4.3.tar.bz2, attempting MIRRORS if available

WARNING: Failed to fetch URL http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/libpng/libpng16/1.6.0/libpng-1.6.0.tar.xz, attempting MIRRORS if available

ERROR: Task 1536 (/home/user/devel_gal/meta-clanton_v0.7.5/poky/meta/recipes-connectivity/openssl/openssl_1.0.1e.bb, do_compile) failed with exit code '137'

ERROR: Task 1268 (virtual:native:/home/user/devel_gal/meta-clanton_v0.7.5/poky/meta/recipes-core/gettext/gettext_0.18.2.bb, do_install) failed with exit code '137'

NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 1154 tasks of which 458 didn't need to be rerun and 2 failed.

Waiting for 2 running tasks to finish:

0: openssl-1.0.1e-r15.0 do_compile (pid 566)

1: gettext-native-0.18.2-r0 do_install (pid 20435)

Summary: 2 tasks failed:

/home/user/devel_gal/meta-clanton_v0.7.5/poky/meta/recipes-connectivity/openssl/openssl_1.0.1e.bb, do_compile

virtual:native:/home/user/devel_gal/meta-clanton_v0.7.5/poky/meta/recipes-core/gettext/gettext_0.18.2.bb, do_install

Summary: There were 6 WARNING messages shown.

user@ubuntu:~/devel_gal/meta-clanton_v0.7.5/yocto_build$                          

• 10. Re: failed to build yocto project for Galileo
                            AlexT_Intel

We may be better off splitting this thread into two, otherwise these two cases may become too intertwined to anyone reading and they're apparently different.

lawliet, let me fire up and update my ubuntu 12.04 VM and see if I can reproduce your error (or recall in what circumstances I saw that myself).

@FocaaBR, so the previous error is gone and now you're after the one listed in your last message or it's both? :-)

Generally looks like a missing dependency to me. I've installed the below packages in my Ubuntu VM (I don't use it actively, but it builds 0.7.5 and 1.0.0 successfully for me):

build-essential gcc-multilib vim-common diffstat texinfo gawk chrpath file

• 11. Re: failed to build yocto project for Galileo
                              FocaaBR

AlexT_Intel, that was the last error showed up on my terminal. After I did the bitbake linux-yocto-clanton I tried do the bitbake image-sdk and the error occured. I cant tell if the last is gone.

I'll try install the gcc-multilib, vim-common packages and do the process again.

Thank you already.

• 12. Re: failed to build yocto project for Galileo
                                AlexT_Intel

FocaaBR, so how is it going for you? Based on your other posts it would look like you've went past that problem you mentioned above, is that correct?

lawliet, I've updated my Ubuntu VM up to the latest patches, then built an "image-full" without a hitch, without the modification you've mentioned in your original post. To be honest I'm sort of out of ideas, given we're using the same OS. Are you sure you have all the latest patches and all the prerequisites installed? Let's also maybe take a look at your sed version, which one have you got?

• 13. Re: failed to build yocto project for Galileo
                                  lawliet

hi, Alex, first of all, I really appreciate for your trying. My sed version is "GNU sed version 4.2.1" , is there something wrong with it?

By the way, how can I make sure that I have all the latest patches and all the prerequisites installed?

I also doubt that that my source code is not the latest. I download from the following URL:

Galileo Software Downloads

Have you ever updated it? Thanks again~

• 14. Re: failed to build yocto project for Galileo
                                    FocaaBR

Hey @AlexT_Intel,

Yes, I've went through the problems that I was facing, could compile and create the img, right now I'm working on small projects of my company. We are trying to use the Debian img and trying to fix some issues and problems about the GPIO that doesnt work and some commands that is not present, like lsusb.

Thanks for your attention!

1 2 Previous Next