Hello Ramon, thanks a lot for contacting us through the Intel Community.
Regarding the comparison you are making between the Intel® Core™ i7-4500U and the Intel® Core™ i5-4440S, there are many things to be taken into consideration.
- Each processor was designed to work differently.
- These are some examples of those differences:
- Different socket size.
- The I7 is an ultra low power processor.
- I7 processors include a technology called hyper threading so it is like having twice the amount of cores. However, the I5 comes with the same 4 cores by default.
- The i7-4500u is not available as a boxed part. It is a ‘Ball Grid Array’ part (FCBGA in the specs) so it must be soldered to the motherboard by the system manufacturer.
- I5 has better graphics.
- I5 is faster than the I7.
- I5 supports more memory (32 GB vs. 16 GB)
At this point Ramon, choose one of these 2 processors will depend on your needs.