Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Enable Cpu i3 integrated graphics card on aspire 5742g ?

MMISS22
Beginner

Hi ,

I have an acer aspire 5742g374g32mnkk with damaged ati radeon 5470M graphics card (no display on lcd , vertica lines on external screen when using vga port).

i was wondering if it's possible to use the Cpu i3 370M intel hd graphics card ?

i tried to install it's drivers (intel hd graphics from acer) but i get a message saying that my system doesn't have the minimum requirements.

i also looked at bios settings but found nothing

my lapptop specs : Cpu i3 370M , chipset Mobile intel HM55 Express, Gpu ati radeon 5470M.

full specs here http://www.cnet.com/products/acer-aspire-5742g-374g32mnkk-15-6-core-i3-370m-windows-7-home-premium-64-bit-4-gb-ram-320-gb-hdd/specs/ Acer Aspire 5742G-374G32Mnkk Specs - CNET

thank you for your help

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi MrSefyou217,

I'm sorry you are having problems but let me help you.

Since your computer has the switchable graphics technology you should be able to choose what graphics resource to use or use both while using the system.

I would recommend you accessing the BIOS of the computer and disable the video card and enable the onboard graphics. It is important to mention that the option may be available depending on the Computer Manufacture since they sometimes block the options at the BIOS level.

In regards the issue you are having installing the driver, you can check some more steps at the following link:

/docs/DOC-22542 https://communities.intel.com/docs/DOC-22542

0 Kudos
MMISS22
Beginner

Hi kevin,

thank you for your help , i checked the bios settings but there isn't much that i can do , no option to switch graphics , is it locked ? do i need to update the bios from acer or use a modded one ?

the thing is there's nothing that indicate i have intel hd graphics ( device manager , hardware monitoring tools )

the only thing that says i have one is cpu specs.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Computer Manufacture sometimes locks the BIOS options so this may be the reason why you don't have the option on your laptop.

My best recommendation at this point is to contact the Computer Manufacture to confirm if there may be a problem with the unit and if so they can help you with a possible warranty.

0 Kudos