Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2827 Discussions

Question about using Network Account to run Intel SCS RCS service

PDube1
Beginner

Hi,

We plan to deploy Intel SCS RCS 9.1 in our environment.

The Intel SCS documentation recommends to run the Intel SCS RCS service using the server's Network Account.

We will buy a certificate from a public certification authority to provision AMT devices.

I found a document detailing the steps to request a certificate from Go Daddy and how to install it on your server.

The Intel SCS documentation says that you can use the RCS utility (RCSutils.exe) to install the certificate in the Network Account's personal store using a .pfx file.

The only thing I miss is the fact that before installing the certification, the documentation for Go Daddy says that you need to install the intermediate certificate provided by Go Daddy (.p7b file) to the Internediate Certificate Store.

Does the RCS utility supports adding a .p7b file for the Network Account? If no, how can I do that?

Tnx for help

Patrick

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hi Patrick

I am using Intel RCS with a GoDaddy Certificate. Productively i had to use an AD-Account, but in the lab environment i started out with the network service account too. I can't say wheter you can install the .p7b-Certificate with RCSutils.exe, but you can start mmc.exe as Administrator, add the snap-in for Certificates for the computer-account and can there manually import (or export) everything that you need. You will find the certificates installed by RCSutils for the network service account there too.

The active certificate is stored under personal. I had to add the root certificate for my test-CA under Trusted Root Certification Authorities, but the root certificate for GoDaddy was already installed.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Patrick

I am using Intel RCS with a GoDaddy Certificate. Productively i had to use an AD-Account, but in the lab environment i started out with the network service account too. I can't say wheter you can install the .p7b-Certificate with RCSutils.exe, but you can start mmc.exe as Administrator, add the snap-in for Certificates for the computer-account and can there manually import (or export) everything that you need. You will find the certificates installed by RCSutils for the network service account there too.

The active certificate is stored under personal. I had to add the root certificate for my test-CA under Trusted Root Certification Authorities, but the root certificate for GoDaddy was already installed.

0 Kudos
PDube1
Beginner

Effectively, on our Windows OS on the server, the root certificate was present by default, so we only needed to add the PFX certificate.

Thank you!

Patrick

0 Kudos