3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 15, 2015 8:30 AM by sylvia_intel

Broken IPEX connector D54250WYK

Maarten

When trying to install my Intel Wireless card I was having trouble removing the plastic covers from the IPEX connectors. During the removal of the plastic connector the tiny gold "pigtail / ipex connector" from one of the WiFi wires in broke off from the cable. I tried to reattach it, but the clip that should hold the cable did not let itself be moved and actually broke off. What should I do know? Because the cable and connector part of the of the NUC chassis, so I wouldn't know how to replace it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• 1. Re: Broken IPEX connector D54250WYK
          sylvia_intel

Hello Maarten, I'm sorry for the inconvenience that you have faced with your NUC.

In regards to the warranty replacement of your unit, it will be necessary to replace the whole NUC, since we don't have spare parts.

Please contact our Warranty department so they can help you.  http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/contactsupport

• 2. Re: Broken IPEX connector D54250WYK
            PGDownunder

Hey Sylvia,

I recently bought Intel NUC box D54250WYKH1 and few accessories such as Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11ac Wi-Fi Plus Bluetooth adapter from amazon.com. When trying to install my Intel Wireless card I was having trouble removing the plastic covers from the IPEX connectors. During the removal of the plastic connector the tiny gold "pigtail / ipex connector" from one of the WiFi wires in broke off from the cable. I enquired with local technician to solder but did not get much help. Many people on intel communities have experienced this problem and you have replied suggesting replacement of whole NUC. In fact person who made step by step installation video on youtube did break that connector exact same way. What should I do know? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am not technical person but if I get correct replacement antenna and instructions I will try my best to install.

I live in Australia.

My NUC product details:

product code: BOXD54250WYKH1

VERSION: H26245-102

• 3. Re: Broken IPEX connector D54250WYK
              sylvia_intel

PGDownunder, as I mentioned before it will be necessary to replace the whole device.

Just in case I erased the markings of the NUC for security reasons, since all this information is public.

Regards,