Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20499 Discussions

Annoying bug of latest HD3000 VGA driver for windows 8.1

MMahd
Beginner

Hello

Yesterday I have downloaded the latest version of Intel VGA driver for HD 3000 on windows 8.1 64 bit. Version: (15.28.22.64.3517 (9.17.10.3517)) but after updating to this version some programs and mainly multimedia programs stopped working and I was looking for the problem for one whole day till I noticed that if I change graphics processor to non integrated (Nvidia) programs works fine. I was lucky to have second VGA.

Please fix this problem.

Since windows 8.1 came to the market my first problem was Intel VGA drivers which they are recently full of bugs and problems specially on windows 8.1.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

0 Kudos
16 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for coming back to the community.

I understand you have loaded latest video drivers for your graphics controller.

I would like to replicate what type of issues you are referring after loading latest graphics drivers.

Please provide additional information to try to isolate this matter. Include possible steps and graphics report generated within graphics control panel

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/cs-009476.htm http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/cs-009476.htm

Allan.

0 Kudos
MMahd
Beginner

Thank you for your reply.

This is the report that you are asking.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/20peyv6q3swutaw/Report.txt https://www.dropbox.com/s/20peyv6q3swutaw/Report.txt

After installing the latest version of Intel VGA driver I am facing problems in multimedia applications. When I open some multimedia players such as PotPlayer or KMPlayer they work fine and I can work with their menu but as soon as I play a video file they stop working.

But if I change graphic processor for the program it will works fine and shows the video files.

I have to mention that I was working with the exact same version of these multimedia players before and they were working fine.

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for the information; however, I do not have access to Drop box. Please copy and paste graphics report or save it as TXT format and attach the report.

If previous driver was working, what was graphics driver version?

Allan.

0 Kudos
MMahd
Beginner

The report is attached.

The previous version that I was using is version 15.28.20.64.3347 (9.17.10.3347) for Windows 8.1.

If fixing this problem take a long time please tell me so I can decide to go back to the previous version of VGA driver.

By the way in previous version of VGA driver and current driver for windows 8.1 I am seeing some cosmetic problems like these.

I was wondering these are windows 8.1 problem or Intel VGA drivers problem?

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for the information.

I just installed same driver version 3517 on Intel HD Graphics 3000 but I was not able to replicate the issue you have described previously.

The icons are looking normal; I did not get bad shapes around them. At this stage, I recommend checking with your computer manufacturer for any customized driver for your computer model or continue working with an earlier driver version:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23377&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%208%2C%2064-bit*&DownloadType=%0A%09%09%09%09%09%09%09Drivers%0A%09%09%09%09%09%09

Allan.

0 Kudos
CThom18
Beginner

I know what you should do to replicate the problem. Install Intel HD driver 15.28.22.64.3517 64bit , in Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit with all updates, open a jpg image with 'preview option' of Windows Image Viewer and move the image to the right of screen or left to divide the screen into two ( a new Win 8.1 feature), you will get a com surrogate crash. I reverted back to 9.17.10.3347 version, the previous one you released before this new version and its all fixed. Please look into it. I have similar problems.

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

@ Sir.Patriot, I was wrong and you are right. I just re-tested new version 3517 and I did get that funny looking icon.

I am going to escalate this matter to our research department. Sorry about the trouble. We'll work on getting it fixed.

Allan.

0 Kudos
SMosk
Beginner

Hello Allan,

I can confirm this issue for Intel HD 2000 graphics as well.

I have Lenovo Ideapad S400 (Model number: MAY8GUK) with Windows 8.1 PRO Update 1 64-bit.

DxDiag and Intel CP reports are in the attachments.

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for sharing your results.

This matter has been escalated to engineering; let's wait to see if new drivers are going to be available.

Allan.

0 Kudos
CThom18
Beginner

Thanks. I hope we get an update soon.

0 Kudos
MMahd
Beginner

I do not know why this problem happens but it is happening and the problem is Intel VGA driver.

By the way you really do not see any cosmetic problem in that icons?

0 Kudos
CThom18
Beginner

Sorry, I didn't have that particular problem. My problem is as mentioned above.

@allan_intel Thanks.

0 Kudos
CFisc2
Beginner

Same issue as described in answer 6 in this thread - hope you will notice us here when there is a solution for this issue.

Thx

0 Kudos
CSpen8
Beginner

Same problem here....

0 Kudos
AFisc2
Novice

I also have the same problems. I also get the COM Surrogate Crash with 3517.

0 Kudos
CThom18
Beginner

Ping

0 Kudos