1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 11, 2010 12:55 PM by MaxN RSS

D975XBX2  vs  D975XBX2KR (what does "KR" mean ?)

lifeson99 Community Member
Currently Being Moderated

In searching the web there are quite a D975XBX2 mobo's for sale and several D975XBX2KR mobo;s for sale also,

Amazon has one D975XBX2KR for sale right now for a whopping $523 !!

My guess is that it is essentially the same board but there must be some small difference.

The D975XBX2 is listed on Intel's website but the D975XBX2KR is NOT !!  So odd, they definitely make a D975XBX2KR since that model number is all over the web  .  .  .  yet there is not a single mention of the D975XBX2KR on Intel's website.  Anyone have an answer to this vexing mystery ??

And while you're at it  .  .  .   I also saw the  BOXD975XBX2 and then BOXD975XBX2KR for sale.  What does the "BOX" mean ?  It can't really mean the obvious since the regular old D975XBX2 also comes in a "BOX".  Thanks in Advance !!

ls

• 1. Re: D975XBX2  vs  D975XBX2KR (what does "KR" mean ?)
    MaxN Community Member
    Currently Being Moderated

Present owner of brick-level 2KR....

Q-  What does the "BOX" mean ?

A- Retail. Pretty 'box' mingthinks.

Q-yet there is not a single mention of the D975XBX2KR on Intel's website.  Anyone have an answer to this vexing mystery ??

A- Doesn't exist. Never happened. 'cept mine *had* 8 SATA  slots, a 1394 header,(deleted pooched? audio header...(J53A),

and here-a-chip; there-a-chip; everywhere a chip-chip.

+ goovy-rad flamey heat sinks. Lights in the wheel wells. Fuzzy dice.

Pretty box says D975Xbx2. Sticky label saysBOXD975XBX2KR.

Mine fried a chip and took out a hard drive.. in a liquid cooled box, never over'd anything.

$523.00 ?? damn son. Hope the shipping was free. Better yet. You gave it a miss.

$95.00 tops. Buy 2. You'll need 'em.

best, m

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...