1 2 3 4 Previous Next 55 Replies Latest reply on Jan 6, 2015 2:58 PM by ViciousXUSMC

New Bluetooth Drivers

mark_h_@intel

You can find the latest or newest generic (non-OEM specific) versions of Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® Technology software and drivers on Intel Download Center.

Follow the link for your Windows version for the details and files.

New Bluetooth drivers

Here is a list of adapters supported by this update:

• Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260
      • Intel® Dual Band Wireless-N 7260
      • Intel® Wireless-N 7260
      • Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 2230
      • Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6235
      • Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160

Intel strongly recommends customers perform a Windows Update* in order to get important KBs from Microsoft*.

There are Bluetooth* related fixes for Windows* 8.1 in the following KBs:

• KB2896349

• KB2917488

• KB2927446

• KB2928042

• KB2919907

• KB2926971

There is a Bluetooth* related fix for Windows* 7 in the following KB:

• KB2740232

Message was edited by: JOHN SISSELL. Edited the list of supported products.

• 1. Re: New Bluetooth Drivers
          LesMoss

The new Win 7 driver did not help. In fact, it was worse. Now the system acts like there is no Bluetooth device. The taskbar icon flashes briefly at startup, but quickly disappears. My mouse is not even detected when I try to pair it.

Using Win7x64 on an Intel NUC DN2820. Wireless 7260 N (single band)

Are we the alpha testers?

Edit: Additional info:

When I disable the device in device manager the Bluetooth icon appears on the taskbar in red. When I re-enable it, the icon goes way.

The driver date reports as 12/16/2013. In Details, The driver assembly date says 12/15/2013 5:00 PM.

Is this an old driver with a new number???

• 2. Re: New Bluetooth Drivers
            LesMoss

Here is the Win 7 Event Viewer error report which explains why the BT taskbar  icon disappears so quickly:

Log Name:      System

Source:        BTHUSB

Date:          4/15/2014 1:24:07 PM

Event ID:      17

Task Category: None

Level:         Error

Keywords:      Classic

User:          N/A

Computer:      MEDIA

Description:

The local Bluetooth adapter has failed in an undetermined manner and will not be used. The driver has been unloaded.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="BTHUSB" />

<EventID Qualifiers="49157">17</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2014-04-15T20:24:07.864532100Z" />

<EventRecordID>16012</EventRecordID>

<Channel>System</Channel>

<Computer>MEDIA</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>

</Data>

<Binary>000000000100000000000000110005C0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000</Binary>

</EventData>

</Event>

• 3. Re: New Bluetooth Drivers
              LesMoss

On Intel NUC devices, be sure to power cycle it (pull the plug) after installation of the new driver.

• 4. Re: New Bluetooth Drivers
                vampyren

THANKS ALLOT LesMoss i never thought that would make any difference but after two hour wasting time installing  / Uninstalling drivers i thought what the heck lets give it a try and to my surprise it worked, after i power cycle my NUC (inside i have an Intel AC-7260) it suddenly loaded up the "Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator" thing under the Device manager --> Bluetooth Radios and my Bluetooth loaded fine (in taskmanager i didnt see any bluetooth icon before the power cycle and somehow bluetooth wasn't fully started since i never got BT ID or anyting in device manger)

I cant believe something this important isnt in the installation guide!!!! Intel should really point out these things !

• 5. Re: New Bluetooth Drivers
                  prjdmd

Thanks very much for the new BT drivers.  I finally updated my AC-7260 drivers from the original version that came with the module.  I must admit I was a bit reluctant to install this latest update since the previous update (3.1.1311) caused my BT to disappear.  I am grateful that Intel learned from our reported problems and have written driver updates that install and funtion properly.  Great work Intel.

• 6. Re: New Bluetooth Drivers
                    prjdmd

I do have one question I didn't mention in my previous post.  I reran the Intel driver update utility after installing the latest BT software for AC 7260.  The results indicate a newer driver for my BT module - my current driver is 17.0.1401.0428 but a newer driver is 17.0.1401.03?  The numbers don't seem correct since I used the latest update software (17.0.1401.03) for the latest update.  Is this an issue with the driver utility software?  Intel please explain the discrepancy.  Thanks.

• 7. Re: New Bluetooth Drivers
                      joe_intel

prjdmd, let me check about your question. What is your operating system?

• 8. Re: New Bluetooth Drivers
                        prjdmd

I am running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit operating system.   Thanks for any help you can provide.

• 9. Re: New Bluetooth Drivers
                          prjdmd

Here is a copy of the Intel update utility results for the above mentioned issue:2014-05-07 17_45_13-Intel® Driver Update Utility.bmp

Please note that the current driver installed seems to be newer than the latest available driver of 17.0.1401.03.  I just can't figure it out.  Perhaps you can provide some explanation.

Thanks. 

• 10. Re: Re: New Bluetooth Drivers
                            joe_intel

Do you get version 17.0.1401.03 from Device Manager? That should be the correct version instead of what Intel® Driver Update Utility is showing.

• 11. Re: Re: New Bluetooth Drivers
                              prjdmd

My Device Manager lists the Bluetooth driver as 17.0.1401.422.  I am just a bit curious since I used the most recent Intel PROSet Software for BluetoothTechnology for Windows version 17.0.1401.03 64-bit for the updated installation.  I would think I should have 17.0.1401.03 as the driver but that is not the case. 

The Driver Update Utility lists my current driver as 17.0.1401.0428, my Device Manager lists the driver as 17.0.1401.422 and I used 17.0.1401.03 for installation.

Regardless of the driver number my Bluetooth adapter seems to be functioning properly.  I hope you can figure out the reason for the discrepancy.  Thanks again for any help.

• 12. Re: New Bluetooth Drivers
                                joe_intel

Please allow us more time to investigate. Thank you!

• 13. Re: New Bluetooth Drivers
                                  RobyFoggy

Hi Joe, I'm writing you from Italy.

I've installed the miniPCI-E AC-7260 adapter in my Acer Aspire 1810TZ running Win7 x64 Professional, the BT adapter was recognized via the Generic BT Adapter provided with the o.s., but because I thought the Intel specific driver for BT 4.0 was better, I've installed your driver.

It was a bad idea: until I've installed Intel driver for BT adapter, the AC 7260 BT adapter 4.0 disappeared from the Device Manager list  and an Unknown device appeared into the USB Controller tree (please note that the USB Controller is the Intel ICH9).

Obviuosly I've installed this last version 17.0.1401.03 but nothing changes... any ideas?

I've rebooted the netbook each time I've deinstalled an older driver version, and also when I've installed the new one, but uselessly!!

I think that Intel HAS to solve this issue for all the board owners, or not?

Thank you for your help and attention.

Regards

• 14. Re: New Bluetooth Drivers
                                    RobyFoggy

Thanks to LesMoss, by dismounting the AC7260, boot the ppc, reinstalling it and reboot, now the Intel BT 4.0 driver has been installed by Win7 and the BT works fine!

No words to comment this behavior, and the fact that this process is not described officially!!

Last thing: there is a software method or an application to stop the BT (different and more affordable than disable it by the Device Manager)?

Regards

1 2 3 4 Previous Next