Thanks for joining the community.
I understand you have loaded Windows 8.1 update and you can use it only as notebook screen.
I recommend loading the latest video driver for your graphics controller at this URL:
Please filter by operating system version and try to install the driver when it finishes downloading, to verify that your system will accept it.
This Intel reply is useless!!
I've tried to install and receive message that drivers are not approved by manifacturer!
Fix this immediately!
Are you able to talk with Asus??? (by the way, I have wrote the same thing to Asus!)
Same issue here. Please fix.
Also here, I have the same....
This is the reply from ASUS:
Thank you for your trust in our support ASUS.
My name is Mike and i will try to offer you the best support for our products.
The Windows 8.1 still has a lot to improve when it comes to hardware/software compatibility, therefore i recommend rolling back to Windows 8, as the product came preinstalled with in the first time. You can follow the bellow procedure in order to restore back: Attention! Please plugin the charger during the process and also be advised that after restoring the operating system, all data will be lost!
1. Completely turn off the PC by holding the Power Button pressed for 30 seconds;
2. Right after you turn on the PC, start pressing the F2 key repeatedly to enter BIOS;
3. In BIOS, on the BOOT section, set the Fast Boot on Disabled;
4. Press the F10 key to save settings and exit BIOS;
5. Start pressing, repeatedly, the F9 key to access the Recovery Menu;
6. Select Troubleshooting and pick one of the Options: - Refresh your PC (brings the PC back to factory settings, without losing data on the other partitions); - Reset your PC (brings the PC back to factory settings with data loss);
7. Follow the on-screen instructions and wait until the recovery process is completed. For any type of questions or issues you encounter with the products (hardware or software), feel free to contact us whenever you need. Don't hesitate to reply to the e-mails you're receiving from us. We hope that our support will be useful and we wish you a great day ahead. Best Regards, Mike ASUS Technical Support, http://za.asus.com/ http://support.asus.com/
Copy/Paste answer... great support from ASUS -.-
Rolling Back to 8.0 isn't necessary, because 8.1 works fine with the latest ASUS drivers, software and BIOS Update installed. Just uninstall the KB291935 Update and wait for ASUS (or Intel) releasing updated drivers.
Could please tell me how I can uninstall the KB2919355 because it is not possible to do from installed update viewer
until now no solution for this issue from intel and ASUS
what's a great support?!!!!!
I feel I got my taichi21 as free from ASUS so they will not provide a support