Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14507 Discussions

Does Intel use a standard mounting clip for all CPU fans??

mpung
Beginner

Hey all,

I am working with a Intel i5-3570K LGA115 processor fan/heat sink here and while I was clipping the fan onto the motherboard one of the black & white mounting clips got stuck in the "locked" position. The black clip that holds the white slide is now broken so I hopped online to find replacements. I found some on amazon but I am concerned whether or not they are going to work as a suitable replacement for the broken mounting clip I have. The part on amazon claims that it is to "Fit Hole Diameter: 10mm/0.4" ". I measured the actual, physical diameter of the hole on the motherboard where the fan/heat sink mount to and it measured to about 4mm (using a digital caliper). Is the '10mm' mentioned in the description referring to something else other than the physical hole size on the motherboard? If Intel uses a standard mounting clip than I suppose the replacement clips mentioned will work. Any advice is appreciated.

A link is provided below...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E0HD01A Amazon.com: Black White Plastic Mounting Clip for Intel CPU Cooler 30 Pcs: Musical Instruments

Thanks,

Max

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for joining the community.

I understand you are looking for CPU fan plastic clips or fasteners.

I have checked Amazon website and that is exactly the part you are looking for your processor model.

If your processor is under warranty I recommend contacting Intel customer support and request this type of fulfillment.

Please go to www.intel.com/chat and choose processor area.

Allan.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for joining the community.

I understand you are looking for CPU fan plastic clips or fasteners.

I have checked Amazon website and that is exactly the part you are looking for your processor model.

If your processor is under warranty I recommend contacting Intel customer support and request this type of fulfillment.

Please go to www.intel.com/chat and choose processor area.

Allan.

0 Kudos
mpung
Beginner

Thanks for the input Allan! Much appreciated.

0 Kudos