Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

Speed Duplex values are not advertising with the configured values

SChal1
Beginner

Hi,

I have a gateway which runs on Windows Embedded Standard 7 which has Intel NIC Card 1000 MT/PRO .

I have connected this gateway and a switch in a network where switch has configured speed/duplex as 1000Mbps/Full.

When I set the Speed/Duplex on my gateway's NIC to Auto-Negotiate or 1000Mbps/Full, it negotiating/advertising the speed and duplex properly.

But when Speed/Duplex sets to 100Mbps/Full on gateway's NIC, in the Switch it shows that my gateway is advertising the Speed/Duplex as 100Mbps/Half Duplex.

I am checking these configured values through the registry entryComputer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\00NN\*SpeedDuplex. It shows the configured value.

The doubt have here is that i have checked the enum values for this *SpeedDuplex entry, it shows in the following way:

0 - Autonegotiation

1- 10Mbps HalfDuplex

2 - 10Mbps FullDuplex

3 - 100Mbps HalfDuplex

4 - 100Mbps FullDuplex

6 - 1000Mbps

Why don't have here the value 5?

I have checked this registry in other Windows Operating systems, it shows correctly. Only in this Windows Embedded Standard 7 OS it shows this way. Will it create any issue? While performing the Speed/Duplex advertisement/Negotiation will it use these enum values? If so how can I resolve this issue?.

Thanks,

Challask

0 Kudos
0 Replies