3 Replies Latest reply on May 31, 2010 5:46 AM by Snooman

Internal Database Error.  What does this mean?

laramie.kelley

When I try to connect to a wireless Linksys router, My Intel Proset/wireless application wants me to make a profile for the router.  I get all the way through (note: the router has no security, so I don't do anything on that page) I get an error that reads: "an internal database error occurred when updating/saving this profile."  When I go to the wireless event viewer to look at the error, it says "The database is current used by another application or thread."  I can't connect to the internet wirelessly, and I have no idea what these errors mean.  Is there anything I can do, or am I screwed?

• 1. Re: Internal Database Error.  What does this mean?

Kelley, I had the same problem when I installed a new router.  Now I'm using Windows to manage my wireless, so at least I have web access.  Right click on the intel proset icon in your tray and select Use Windows to manage wi-fi.  If someone out there knows, I would like a solution that allows me to use the Intel ProSet as it provides a stronger and more consistent wireless signal strength than with Windows.  Windows keeps dropping the connection and closes my VPN client.

• 2. Re: Internal Database Error.  What does this mean?

I have the exact same problem that Kelly posted last year.  I am using a Netgear Router, which I can connect to wirelessly just fine with my netbook.  However, with my Dell laptop, my wireless connection to the Router (using INTEL PRO/Wireless 3945ABG) has been sporadic at best.  Yesterday, when it would not connect at all, I updated the driver (PROSet/Wireless WiFi Connection Utility) from 10.1.0.3 to 12.4.4.0.

When I am trying to "Create Profile" (as no profiles are in the list), I get an ERROR message "An internal database error occured when saving/updating the profile."  The only choice in this dialog box is an OK button.  I cannot figure out any way around the error. I hope that someone can help point me in a direction to solve this problem.

Thank you (in advance)

• 3. Re: Internal Database Error.  What does this mean?
              Snooman

Its the same problem for me here. A workaround to this error is to apply write permissions for your user to "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Intel\Wireless\Settings" folder.

Normally the all user folder is readable only, but Intel ProSet Wireless wants to write there to store your profile.

Why that is ? Hell knows.... We also wish we could change this.