Hello Martinii, I read in a different thread you are using latest driver version 17.0.0. Was this happening with an older version too? Does this happen in Safe Mode with Networking?
It may also help to update your system BIOS.
I have lastest BIOS version. When I had 16.10 version of the drivers it happened after every one wake up. Now, with version 17.0 it is happening EXACTLY every three wake up... Then I have limited access and when I try to reconnect manually then all available AP-s are disappearing from the list and in Device Manager i can see error: "This device cannot start (Code 10)".
I am seeing this issue on an Intel NUC 2820 upgraded to the Dual Band 7260 card
Does it help if you disable the power saving feature from the adapter properties window in device manager?
i don't won't to hijack this thread, but i have a simmilar situation with my AC 7260 in my Lenovo E130. In Windows 7 x64 after sleep my card won't power up. No chance to get it to work. Only a reboot helps. In Windows 8.1 x64 the sleep and wakeup is working.
In Windows 7 x64 tried many SW versions of Intel Proset and driver, but no luck. The settings in adapter setting for power saving you mentioned above, doesn't help.
If you need some debug info's i can help you, hopefully this can be fixed. New installion fo WIN 7 was done, and nothing helped.
Would you provide more information about your setup?
- System brand and model:
- Operating system:
- Wireless band:
- Wireless Security/Authentication:
- Access point model and firmware:
- Optional SIU code/report: http://www.intel.com/support/siu.htm
Please verify if you get events with the IDs 5007 and 5055 in the Windows* Event Viewer (Control Panel, Administrative Tools) at the time the issue occurs.
sorry at the moment i'm running only windows 8.1. I will install once again WIN7 on the second HD for testing.
But for now i can answer you your questions:
- System brand and model: Lenovo E130 originally equipped with centrino 2230 N, personally changed to 7260 AC model.
- Operating system: WIN7 x64 Professional (Wireless after sleep not working) & WIN 8.1 CORE (Wireless after sleep working without problems)
- Wireless band: Happens in 802.11b/g/n and also in 802.11a/n but i think this dosn't matter, because the wireless card looks like switched off after sleep.
- Wireless Security/Authentication: WPA with TKIP and also WPA2 with AES (i think this dosn't matter - same reason as for wireless band)
- Access point model and firmware: Netgear WAG302 with OpenWRT & Thomson TWG870 & Cisco Aironet (i think this dosn't matter - same reason as for wireless band)
- Optional SIU code/report: http://www.intel.com/support/siu.htm currently no SIU, because no installed WIN7. Will answer this later, when WIN7 is running again,...
No Event's as i remember, but i will check it once again today in the evening,...
OK, hopefully others will be able to confirm the operating system and any existence of such events.
Intel 7260AC on Windows 8.1 Pro X64.
Driver = 17.0.15
After waking from sleep, could not connect to WPA2 (AES) networks. Connecting to WEP or OPEN networks is ok. Routers at the office=various models with various chipsets.
It was the same with 17.0.0 driver.
Please Intel can you help. This is an all Intel components laptop.
I would like to follow up with some of you in order to collect more information and report it to engineering. If anyone is interested please send me a PM.
I have the same problem with my Asus Ux32LN intel AC dual band 7260.
no connection available when the computer wakes from the sleep.