3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2014 12:19 PM by Rene31

D54250WYKH Sound noise/distortion

Rene31

I have bought and installed a new D54250WYKH this weekend. The problem I have since the first startup of the NUC is that it gives weird noise through my speakers.

This is not a windows related problem cause it starts allready when I power on the NUC.

Philips 40PFL9705 -> gives noise

Rotel RSP-1572 -> gives noise

Tried 2 brand new HDMI cables. 1 from 10 euro and 1 from 50 euro's. Same result. Tried the NUC most far away from my equipment. No result. I used a HTPC with an AMD HDMI 5450 card and never gave me any problem but I wanted a smaller HTPC.

Tried all BIOS versions. I hope there is a solution else it's going back to the store...............

• 1. Re: D54250WYKH Sound noise/distortion
          joe_intel

Hello Rene31, could this be interference generated by another appliance like it is suggested in this thread? https://communities.intel.com/thread/49540

• 2. Re: D54250WYKH Sound noise/distortion
            Rene31

Hello Joe,

No it's not the same.

- Plugged in the power cable

- Then when I plugin the HDMI cable to my receiver and turn my receiver on then I get a beep sound

- When I turn on the NUC it keeps the beep sound and gives a cracking sound.

- Sound works in windows 8.1 (DTS / DTS-HD etc) Only with the noise in it.

- NUC on my TV -> no problems

- NUC -> Rotel RSP-1572 -> HDMI (ARC) -> TV (ARC) -> Gives problems

- NUC -> TV -> TV (ARC) -> Rotel RSP-1572 -> Gives problems

- Tried different HDMI cables

- Tried all BIOS versions

- It gives the sound when it's off

- No networkcable installed

- No wireless modules installed

- NUC installed without problems and windows runs smooth apart from the sound issues

For now it's unusable for me cause I replaced it for a i7-3770 with AMD 5450 card which worked with my receiver and gave HD sound. I just use it for watching movies and wanted a low power system.

I don't have any idea what I can do anymore. Is this bad luck and NUC is defect?

• 3. Re: D54250WYKH Sound noise/distortion
              Rene31

After a long search the problem was that the NUC had to be connected to a grounded outlet. All sound issues are no more.

Everything works under Win 8.1 even DTS-HD etc.