No it's not the same.
- Plugged in the power cable
- Then when I plugin the HDMI cable to my receiver and turn my receiver on then I get a beep sound
- When I turn on the NUC it keeps the beep sound and gives a cracking sound.
- Sound works in windows 8.1 (DTS / DTS-HD etc) Only with the noise in it.
- NUC on my TV -> no problems
- NUC -> Rotel RSP-1572 -> HDMI (ARC) -> TV (ARC) -> Gives problems
- NUC -> TV -> TV (ARC) -> Rotel RSP-1572 -> Gives problems
- Tried different HDMI cables
- Tried all BIOS versions
- It gives the sound when it's off
- No networkcable installed
- No wireless modules installed
- NUC installed without problems and windows runs smooth apart from the sound issues
For now it's unusable for me cause I replaced it for a i7-3770 with AMD 5450 card which worked with my receiver and gave HD sound. I just use it for watching movies and wanted a low power system.
I don't have any idea what I can do anymore. Is this bad luck and NUC is defect?
After a long search the problem was that the NUC had to be connected to a grounded outlet. All sound issues are no more.
Everything works under Win 8.1 even DTS-HD etc.