Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14507 Discussions

Advice on processor / Memory Selection

idata
Employee

Hi,

I am planning to buy intel i7 Processor (2.66 GHz) with X58 Motherboard. Is it worth to use DDR3 RAM for this? I am planning to go for 3X2GB or 3X4GB memory (6 or 12 GB). Also let me know shall I install VMWare ESX directly on this system?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello i would first like to know what the max type of ddr3 ram it can take example ddr3 2000 pc16000! then if you are going for a intel core i7 i would also like to know what the max type of intel core i7 this motherboard can take is! if you give me the max price that you would be willing to pay i can help you pick out the best system for you oh and what are you using this for?

thanks

Billy Babin

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Unrelated Post : Please disregard this answer.

=====================================================================

Hi there,

All tested processor for this motherboard S3200SH can be found on the following list.

Link: http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/S3200SH/sb/CS-028293.htm

Please note, it better to check the processor by their SL number as well. If you cannot find any matching SL number for the processor from the list, this means that it not supported.

Hope this is useful to you.

Cheers

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

All I7 x58 chipset motherboards have to run ddr3. check the motherboard specs for the ram frequencyit will support. 2000, 1600 ect

0 Kudos