Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Odd Brightness Indicator

DGhal
Beginner

Hey guys,

So i recently upgraded my computer to windows 8.1 At first I had issues with the black screen until I figured I needed to update my graphics drivers.

Since then the display works fine, but I have a pesky problem with the brightness indicator. When I am on the desktop screen and I change the brighness a really ugly brightness indicator appears along side the usual one that appears on any other screen. Attached is a picture of the indicator.

I want a way to get rid of that!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for joining our community.

I understand you have problems with brightness feature on your computer.

I would need more information in regards to your system configuration:

Operating system version? Is your operating system 32 bit or 64 bit?

Also, the exact processor model on your system:

Click the Windows icon, and then right-click Computer .

Select Properties .

Find System Type on the Properties window, and then note the processor model.

Does this problem occur with drivers provided by the board or computer manufacturer?

Allan.

0 Kudos
DGhal
Beginner

I have an Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3632QM CPU @2.20 GHz with 8GB RAM. its a 64-bit operating system.

I am pretty sure its from the Intel driver and not the NVDIA driver as i turned off the NVIDIA driver and it still occured.

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for the information.

I was checking with my expert contacts for information about this brightness indicator and we have concluded that the indicator is not part of the generic Intel(R) Graphics Driver; it is part of the features for your computer model.

Please check with your computer manufacturer for a way to disable brightness indicator.

Allan.

0 Kudos