I'm not sure EXACTLY what I did to solve it, but I can tell you how to get the fans to slow back down to the normal speed.
Using the brute force method I just kept trying things until it worked, here is what I came up with...
1) Update everything to the latest with the "X38ML_BIOS52_BMC15_FRUSDR6.zip" package.
-> READ AND FOLLOW "release.txt" look for the "To Update from the embedded EFI Shell" section.
-> I don't think it matters but I did not update any information (serials, etc) but I did tell it I do NOT have intrusion detection and fans 1-6 were NOT installed. (N N N N N N)
-> AT THIS POINT FANS ARE MAXED OUT AT 100%...
2) Grab the "X38ML_FRUSDR_FML1_04.zip" package and update the FRU & SDR data.
-> READ AND FOLLOW "ReleaseNotes.txt" look for the "INSTALLATION PROCEDURE" section.
-> Here I still did not answer any questions about serials, etc. I did however tell it I do NOT have intrusion detection and I do have all 6 fans installed. (Y Y Y Y Y Y)
-> AT THIS POINT FANS ARE QUITE!
Hope this helps someone out...
O yea and a little side note... I had trouble getting the "fr0:" drive (usb thumb drive) to show up as a "map" when using the command "map -r". I found out this was due to me having my hard drives set up to use RAID instead of IDE. I just created the RAID array and it was empty. So I just destroyed it and put it back to IDE for this to work right.