1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 24, 2014 12:43 PM by allan_intel

Intel Core i5-2500 Processor Temperature

1RJ2

Like the title says, I have an Intel core i5 - 2500 on a ASUS P8Z68-V LX Intel Motherboard and I wanted to know wich its maximun temperature. I went to the specification page here on the intel page and it said "Tcase: 72, 6 C". I don't know where to look that on the pc. Im posting this because I've been playing on my Computer and using CoreTemp to see the temperature, and sometimes it goes up to 90 degrees C on the "Core temperature" readings. Although it only says that's the maximun it has reached and I don't think it stays very long on that temperature.

I wanted to know if this is normal or if I should  change sometime since the diferent kinds of temperature are confusing me and I don't know wich is wich or when I should worry.

Thanks beforehand to anyone who can give me any kind of help.

Note: I tested just know and I got 83 C. I think this is a more correct reading of the "Max. Core Temperature" I get while playing.

• 1. Re: Intel Core i5-2500 Processor Temperature
          allan_intel

Thanks for joining the community.

I see your processor reports high temperatures.

Yes, the maximum processor temperature is 72.6C, this is on all cores.

Please bear in mind the processor was designed to work at high temperature and it will shut down your computer if exceeds maximum temperature. This will prevent any damage to your processor and the computer.

If your computer is running at 83C and not shutting itself down, it means you have mis reading temperature from the BIOS and you may need to consider updating computer BIOS.

Also, I recommend following some recommend to prevent any overheating issues:

http://www.intel.com/support/processors/sb/CS-029426.htm

Allan.