2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 20, 2009 3:40 AM by tech24 RSS

Do I need to register my motherboard and processor?

philosophicaljt Community Member
Currently Being Moderated

I just went and registered my video card, memmory and some other parts.  I am wondering, can I register my processor and motherboard?

• 1. Re: Do I need to register my motherboard and processor?
    unplugged_24 Community Member

Hi there,

I just went and registered my video card, memmory and some other parts.  I am wondering, can I register my processor and motherboard?

As far as I know Intel does not have any registration process for customer to register their Intel products. Most of the porduct will have a unique serial number and part number. However it would have been nice if a consumer would have been able to register their product, but unfortunately I do not think this is currently available.

I guess the main reason is that Intel sell their products through a network of resellers and distributors and do not sell their products directly to consumers as it used to be long time ago. Most resellers and distributors may provide the first year warranty support.

If there is anybody else who still know there is a link where consumers can register their Intel products, then it would be nice if they can advise.

Hope this will be helpful.

Cheers

• 2. Re: Do I need to register my motherboard and processor?
    tech24 Community Member

I believe there's no need to register an Intel processor/motherboard as the registration is not available on the Intel website.  Just keep your proof of purchase for future use.  This link might also be helpful. http://www.intel.com/support/replacements.htm :)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points