3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 20, 2014 1:28 PM by kevin_intel

D975XBX2 -> Fan very loud -> Lüfter sehr laut ?

Hajooo

Hi here in the Community.

On my D975XBX2 works a Intel Core 2 6600

RAM 4 GB

with Windows 7 64

ASUS EAH4350 graphics card = Passive

This Computer i have in use as a HTPC to watch now and then a movie on the Internet (by the Browser) from a libary of German Television (ARD, ZDF).

In the BIOS I set the fan to "slow".

Unfortunately, it is so, as soon as a movie in IE (Browser) running, the fans are very loud.

When you boot up, according to the Startoperation or in Office-mode, the computer is pleasantly quiet.

But as soon as running a movie in the browser, the computer is loud like a propeller plane starting next to me.

How can i reach that the computer stays nice and quiet?

BIOS setting?

INTEL Software Tool?

?

Thank you

+

Greetings Hajooo

+++

Auf deutsch:

Hallo hier im Forum.

Auf meinem D975XBX2 sitzt ein Core26600

Arbeitsspeicher 4 GB

mit Windows 7 64.

Grafikkarte = Passive ASUS EAH4350

Diesen Rechner habe ich als HTPC im Einsatz um ab und an einen Film über das Internet etwa über Sendung verpasst oder aus einer Mediathek (ARD, ZDF) zu schauen.

Im BIOS habe ich die Lüfter auf "slow" gestellt.

Leider ist es so, sobald ein Film im IE läuft, die Lüfter sehr laut werden.

Beim booten, nach dem Startvorgang oder im Office Betrieb, ist der Rechner angenehm leise.

Sobald aber ein Film im Browser läuft, wird der Rechner laut, als neben mir ein Propellerflugzeug startet.

Wie bleibt der Rechner schön leise ?

BIOS-Einstellung ?

INTEL-Software-Tool ?

?

Danke

+

Grüße Hajooo

• 1. Re: D975XBX2 -> Lüfter sehr laut ?
          kevin_intel

Hi Hajooo,

I am sorry you are having problems with the system but let me help you.

Please note that the support is provided in English only. Can you please translate this information for me?

• 2. Re: D975XBX2 -> Lüfter sehr laut ?
            Hajooo

Hi Kevin now here ist the Translation.

Hi here in the Community.

On my D975XBX2 works a Intel Core 2 6600

RAM 4 GB

with Windows 7 64

ASUS EAH4350 graphics card = Passive

This Computer i have in use as a HTPC to watch now and then a movie on the Internet (by the Browser) from a libary of German Television (ARD, ZDF).

In the BIOS I set the fan to "slow".

Unfortunately, it is so, as soon as a movie in IE (Browser) running, the fans are very loud.

When you boot up, according to the Startoperation or in Office-mode, the computer is pleasantly quiet.

But as soon as running a movie in the browser, the computer is loud like a propeller plane starting next to me.

How can i reach that the computer stays nice and quiet?

BIOS setting?

INTEL Software Tool?

?

Thank you

+

Greetings Hajooo

• 3. Re: D975XBX2 -> Lüfter sehr laut ?
              kevin_intel

Thanks for the information.

As first steps I recommend you updating the BIOS to the latest one we have. Here you can download it:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=16896

You can also try resetting the BIOS to default by accessing to the BIOS with F2 and then press F9 to reset default values.

It is important to check the thermal paste in the fan is ok and the Fan itself is clean of dust since this can affect the temperature on the system and therefore the fan speed will increase to keep correct temperature.