Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7437 Discussions

Dual Band Wireless AC 7260 - Bluetooth Headset

JLabr3
Beginner

I recently upgraded my Windows 7 x64 bit Dell laptop with a Dual Band Wireless AC + Bluetooth 4.0 adapter. Network drivers are from the Intel PROSet v.16.10.0 and the Bluetooth drivers are 10/18/2013 v 3.1.1311.400. The wireless is working well (cannot connect AC to my ASUS RT-AC66R router yet, but currently monitoring a discussion here for that problem) and the Bluetooth seems to be working well, connects good and stays connected. For headphones, I use a set of LG HBS 730 stereo headphones and problem is that the Bluetooth adapter assigns it as a Bluetooth Headset (understandable, as it does have a built-in microphone as well), but it locks (grays out) the sound quality to the "1 channel, 16 bit, 16000 Hz (Tape Recorder Quality)" setting (see attached screenshot). This setting is not changeable, so I have to assume that this is set via the driver software. I have removed the device and added back a few times, and each time is defaults to the headset settings with the limited sample rate/bit depth. How do I either get the sample rate/bit depth to change to a DVD (or at least a CD) quality setting, or get the Bluetooth adapter to see the device as a Bluetooth headphone, instead of a Bluetooth Headset? Bottom line: need better sound quality for a set of stereo headphones/headset.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Let's see what we can do to fix this. Did you try setting up the other audio device (Bluetooth* headphones) as default?

You may also want to verify the profiles listed for this headset in Bluetooth* Devices (Devices and Printers), Services tab.

0 Kudos
JLabr3
Beginner

Joe,

Sorry, have been busy lately. Today, I tried what you have mentioned currently the laptop speakers are the Default Device and the Bluetooth Headset is the Default Communications Device. I cannot select/change this, other than swapping between them. I find that it has to be the Default Device, otherwise there will be no sound in the headset. The "Set Default" button is greyed out when the Bluetooth Headphones is selected. As far as the Services tab, the following is checked: Audio Sink, Handsfree Telephony, Remote Control, Remotely Controllable Device. The following is not checked: Headset. Now, if I check Headset, is does not seem to make a difference. Otherwise the problem still persists.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

I guess enabling "Headset" does not allow changing the default audio device in Sound/Playback, correct? I know a new Bluetooth* software is going to be released soon, we can see then.

0 Kudos
MD10
Beginner

I have the same problem.

- laptop with a Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 + Bluetooth 4.0 adapter,

- network drivers are from the Intel PROSet v.17.0.0 and the Bluetooth drivers are v 3.1.1311

- Nokia BH-504 stereo headphones

The wireless is working well.

After pairing my laptop with headphones and double click on the device, I see message: service not available or no connection (translation from Polish - "usługi niedostępne lub brak połączenia")

http://imgur.com/DejDkJg http://imgur.com/DejDkJg

Sorry for my poor english.

0 Kudos
tyama29
Beginner

I have a problem.

- Laptop with a Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 + Bluetooth 4.0 adapter, Windows 7 64bit.

- Plantronics M165 headset.

The wifi is working well.

I have a problem in Bluetooth.

The sound quality of headset is very low.

In hands free profile, I can hear the unstable and out of phase sounds (:-<

In A2DP profile, there is no problem. Good.

The head set is working well with other Laptops anb Smart phones.

Please support.

0 Kudos
JSard1
Beginner

Exactly same problem here.

After pairing my laptop with headphones and double click on the device, after searching for services it says: service not available

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Please allow us more time to investigate.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

The following information is available in the Help section of the Bluetooth* driver, under Product Description:

Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) (Source/Sink): Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 support audio profiles natively. In turn, interaction with media players and VoIP software is out of scope for Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® Technology from Windows 8 onwards.

I suggest contacting Microsoft* in regards of this inquiry.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

0 Kudos