2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 20, 2014 9:37 AM by jcc12

Intel Galileo WIFI Electrical Specs

jcc12

Hi Guys,

I'm considering to build a Wireless Mesh Network to provide internet access and other services using several's Intel Galileo Boards, the idea is to use a mini pci-e enterprise wifi card with 802.11ac to provide good bandwidth and wireless coverage.

My question is, some of these wifi modules consume 5W and use at maximum transmission rate a 945mA, can the Galileo board support this amperage regarding is electrical specifications like the 800mA DC Current for the 5V/3.3V Pin?

Do you guys think that are possible to use this Galileo quark processor for Router/Access Point applications?

Thank you all,

• 1. Re: Intel Galileo WIFI Electrical Specs
          JPMontero_Intel

Hi jcc12

It sounds like a cool project, regarding the power consumption I don’t know if you have seen this document (https://communities.intel.com/docs/DOC-21892) it is about the safety and regulatory information of the device. If you take a look at page 3, right where it says DC Power are indicated the maximum values of power for the device, as well as the device with a PCIe card and other connections. I recommend you to look for a low consumption card that fulfills your project needs and not exceed those values of power.

Regards
          JPMontero_Intel

• 2. Re: Intel Galileo WIFI Electrical Specs
            jcc12

Hi JPMontero_Intel,

Thank you so much for your tip,

The document explain in detail all the info that i need for now, i have only to check the power requirements regarding the mini pcie wireless module to not exceed power values.

I will provide more data as soon as have done all the technical trials.

Best Regards,