2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 17, 2014 1:31 PM by Nørdroid

DCCP847DYE Sound From Only One HDMI Port

Nørdroid

This may sound a bit odd, and then again it may not. I have a NUC 847DYE running Linux Mint which I use as an HTPC. Of the two HDMI ports, I can

only get sound from the one nearer to the ethernet port. The other HDMI port produces video just fine but never audio. I've upgraded to the latest BIOS and also tried switching the cable around then rebooting, but without joy. Any ideas?

• 1. Re: DCCP847DYE Sound From Only One HDMI Port
          jhwinters

Have you tried going into your sound control application (not sure what desktop you're using) and selecting the other port?  Video seems to go automatically to whichever port you plug a cable into, but I found that sound has to be selected manually (at least under Gnome 3).  There are two choices for output device, both of which look exactly the same, but one corresponds to each HDMI port.

John

• 2. Re: DCCP847DYE Sound From Only One HDMI Port
            Nørdroid

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm using the cinnamon desktop. There's a sound-control widget on the toolbar which has an option to set the output device, but there's only one device listed "Built in audio digital stereo (HDMI)", so that doesn't help much.